Tomorrow I am getting Ducklings!!!

user589309

Chirping
Aug 26, 2020
Ok so tomorrow morning I am getting Ducklings!!! So I posted about this because this will be my first time as a ducky mom! I am very excited! Ok well why I posed this was because I want to know how to take care of ducks. I cant wait!!!🦆:lol: So if you have any ideas to share with me please tell me in the comment box below.Thank you!

Congratulations on getting ducklings. It's true they are messier than chickens, but in some ways are easier to care for. My runner ducks live in a partially open (but completely wrapped in hardware cloth) enclosure and handle bad weather with enthusiasm while the chickens hide out in their coops.

Watching ducklings discover the joy of playing -- and when they're old enough -- swimming in water is amazing. My four-month olds can't get enough pool time.

One thing to keep in mind is that ducks' legs are more delicate than chickens.' While you CAN catch a chicken by her legs if you have to, it's never a good idea to stress a duck's legs.

I'm sure you will fall in love with your babies! And, congratulations on joining BYC, where folks are always willing to offer advice and support.

Congratulations on getting ducklings. It's true they are messier than chickens, but in some ways are easier to care for. My runner ducks live in a partially open (but completely wrapped in hardware cloth) enclosure and handle bad weather with enthusiasm while the chickens hide out in their coops.

Watching ducklings discover the joy of playing -- and when they're old enough -- swimming in water is amazing. My four-month olds can't get enough pool time.

One thing to keep in mind is that ducks' legs are more delicate than chickens.' While you CAN catch a chicken by her legs if you have to, it's never a good idea to stress a duck's legs.

I'm sure you will fall in love with your babies! And, congratulations on joining BYC, where folks are always willing to offer advice and support.
Ok thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom