Tomorrow's the big day!(But not the biggest!)

77horses

◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊
15 Years
Aug 19, 2008
Maine
Yep, it's that exciting(But not most exciting) time for my egg in the homemade bator!
big_smile.png
Today is day 17 and I read that you should stop turning the egg at day 18; so tomorrow I won't have to turn it anymore!!!
lol.png
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

I am very happy that my egg made it this far! I had 4 and that one was the only one that developed.
sad.png
But not bad for my first time, huh?
tongue.png

The chick is not wiggling as much, so i am guessing it's too big and there's not enough room.
hu.gif
What do you guys think?
But since the egg is expected to hatch late(due to having to move the bator and egg because of travel plans and temp. changes) so do I wait for day 19 because it's expected to be delayed?
hu.gif

Thanks and wish me and the chickie luck!
wee.gif
I hope the chick will be ok if it hatches on like Moday or Tuesday, because i will be at school and not able to watch it or help it....I may ask if i can stay home just for the egg! LOL
love.gif

I will stop turning the egg then.
WISH US LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ya.gif
clap.gif
fl.gif
jumpy.gif

Hope you have a successful hatch! I know its hard to keep that 'bator closed when they start hatching, but resist the urge to open it and help!
It will be fine if it hatches while you are at school.
Don't worry!
hmm.png

~Rebecca
woot.gif

Good luck to you! Mine are on day 21 today- and just one egg hatched EARLY YESTERDAY morning. I'm not sure what to do with that chick. Not supposed to open the incubator, BUT.... It may be a couple days before the hatch is complete.. darn. Not sure what was up with that egg hatching so early.

Back
Top Bottom