Tomorrow's the big day!(But not the biggest!)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by 77horses, Sep 17, 2008.

1. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Yep, it's that exciting(But not most exciting) time for my egg in the homemade bator! [​IMG] Today is day 17 and I read that you should stop turning the egg at day 18; so tomorrow I won't have to turn it anymore!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I am very happy that my egg made it this far! I had 4 and that one was the only one that developed. [​IMG] But not bad for my first time, huh? [​IMG]
    The chick is not wiggling as much, so i am guessing it's too big and there's not enough room. [​IMG] What do you guys think?
    But since the egg is expected to hatch late(due to having to move the bator and egg because of travel plans and temp. changes) so do I wait for day 19 because it's expected to be delayed? [​IMG]
    Thanks and wish me and the chickie luck! [​IMG] I hope the chick will be ok if it hatches on like Moday or Tuesday, because i will be at school and not able to watch it or help it....I may ask if i can stay home just for the egg! LOL [​IMG]

2. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    but they stop wiggling a little by day 17-18, right? [​IMG]

3. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    I will stop turning the egg then.
    WISH US LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. thepetpaw

thepetpaw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2008
    Tennessee
    Good luck - today is my day #17 also...I am so excited or eggscited - I love hatching eggs
    !!!

5. needmorechickens!

needmorechickens! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    Hope you have a successful hatch! I know its hard to keep that 'bator closed when they start hatching, but resist the urge to open it and help!
    It will be fine if it hatches while you are at school.
    Don't worry!
    [​IMG]
    ~Rebecca [​IMG]

6. Cason

Cason Chillin' With My Peeps

Good luck to you! Mine are on day 21 today- and just one egg hatched EARLY YESTERDAY morning. I'm not sure what to do with that chick. Not supposed to open the incubator, BUT.... It may be a couple days before the hatch is complete.. darn. Not sure what was up with that egg hatching so early.

7. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

With just one egg in the incubator, that is some hard odds your up against. Good luck and keep us updated!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by