Too Early for Feb Hatch-A-Long Thread??

Pics
Welcome my eggs are day 6 this afternoon for one batch and day 1 for the other. Staggering my hatch so I can add eggs as I get them. I only have 3 girls currently.
I did a head count yesterday on my flock after getting rid of 7 Roo's, I have 43 in my main flock if I counted right and 10 in my Naked Neck coop.. Thankfully the hens are starting to pick up again, they will pay for their feed through egg sales now, collected 15 eggs yesterday and the day before. They still need to get better as I have over 30 hens in the main flock.. I'm thinking these chicks will go into the main flock..

my DH keeps asking me where they are going to go when they hatch?? lol
Tell him his side of the bed..lol. We've got a 3 bedroom house, when my Husband is talking to someone about the guest rooms, he's now started to refer to one of them as the chicken room, they incubate in the guest bath and then grow up in the guest room for about 4 weeks before I kick them out into the grow out pen.

Tell him his side of the bed..lol. We've got a 3 bedroom house, when my Husband is talking to someone about the guest rooms, he's now started to refer to one of them as the chicken room, they incubate in the guest bath and then grow up in the guest room for about 4 weeks before I kick them out into the grow out pen.

I went the extra mile and gave away our guest bed to make room for my chicken space. :lau It's also my crafting room because I've taken up entirely too many hobbies. lol

DSC_0002.JPG

I went the extra mile and gave away our guest bed to make room for my chicken space. :lau It's also my crafting room because I've taken up entirely too many hobbies. lol

View attachment 2013143
We got rid of our guest bed too so I can make room for my lizards and incubator 😂 no idea where guests will sleep, but that's not my issue🙈😂

We got rid of our guest bed too so I can make room for my lizards and incubator 😂 no idea where guests will sleep, but that's not my issue🙈😂

My daughter has a queen sized bed and usually has to give up her room for guests but maybe their compassion for her giving up her space will keep them from overstaying?? LOL! 😬

View attachment 2013143
love your incubators and the little chick..lol, having a craft room is a great idea. I left the bed in the room with a quilt covering the bedding.. will be a easy yank the quilt, change out the linen's wipe down the stuff and there we are, I can take the chicks and move them to the master bedroom. Now that summer is getting back, I can take them and kick them out after a week or so, when I hatch for others, I keep them at least 3 days past hatch to insure they are all eating and drinking on their own.

Back
Top Bottom