Too Early for Feb Hatch-A-Long Thread??

Pics
They’re all in. :fl
CA875604-09C5-4353-8B0F-87B8E046AD63.jpeg

I have 7 Whiting True Blues hatching today that went from 63 degrees from a power outage, to 106 degrees from turning the bator up too much. I can't believe I have 7 out of 12. I have 15 black copper Marans in my other incubator due to hatch Feb. 1st, and 12 more Whitings that are due to hatch Feb. 6th. I will have moved the 2nd set of Whitings over to the small incubator by the time the Marans hatch. I'm so excited!

Isn’t it nice when they’re finally in your possession and not in route on a truck?

I have to be honest... I just candle the eggs, check for proper positioning and put them in the incubator after sitting. Still learning though.

How often does everyone candle? I normally do 5 to 7 days to confirm who’s fertile, then one week later to check for dead embryos. Then before lock down. Is it weird that I have it all written down?

View attachment 2003354
I actually have an excel spread sheet on my computer to note down the individual weights of all the eggs on day 5, 7, 12, 15 and 18 with cooresponding % they need to have lost by then and also automatically calculating the weights they should be at each day, also aitomatically calculating the average weight... so no, i don’t think it is weard That you write it down. 😂

My littles were shrink wrapped. Two are out, two died in the shell and the other 3 are still mostly in the shell. The two that hatched are tired, but doing well. I really didn't expect any of these to hatch after what they went through.
Glad you got some to hatch hope the others hatch too

I actually have an excel spread sheet on my computer to note down the individual weights of all the eggs on day 5, 7, 12, 15 and 18 with cooresponding % they need to have lost by then and also automatically calculating the weights they should be at each day, also aitomatically calculating the average weight... so no, i don’t think it is weard That you write it down. 😂

Omg I wish I was an excel wizzard so I could make a spread sheet like that 😍

Back
Top Bottom