Too early to introduce Sprouts?

Apr 22, 2020
Denver Colorado
I have a chick born on 4/16 and another 3/16 (lost one and had to get a month older onešŸ˜Ŗ But new girl is getting acquainted to her new home and bunk mate).

they are going through organic chick cereal like crazy!

Iā€™ve attached the schedule I printed off from the breeder and been using it as a guide. Right now one is about to hit 8 week mark and other one month and 8 week mark.

They forage during the day in our yard under supervision when not in coop during days above 65 (just to be safe, lost the other when temperatures fluctuated between 60-65.)

Iā€™m wondering if itā€™s too early to introduce Sprouts. I have some ferminating now because I want to give them enough food before and if I need to pick up some more chick cereal. They do have grit access!

ā€œCluckingā€ thank you! šŸ“šŸŒ¼

Attachments

• 56F83ECC-CA8E-4C59-85A8-8CFC584FE44D.jpeg
    56F83ECC-CA8E-4C59-85A8-8CFC584FE44D.jpeg
    540.5 KB · Views: 43
Hi Poppy Nugget, Congratulations on te new chicks! What are fermented sprouts? I have fed fermented feed to my 1 week old chicks but it was their normal feed that I fermented. I have also fed broccoli to my chicks, they love to run with it & play keep away. Help me understand what you fermented. Thanks!!

Hi Poppy Nugget, Congratulations on te new chicks! What are fermented sprouts? I have fed fermented feed to my 1 week old chicks but it was their normal feed that I fermented. I have also fed broccoli to my chicks, they love to run with it & play keep away. Help me understand what you fermented. Thanks!!
Hi! Thank you! Iā€™ll attach a pic for you to check out. They are a sprout mix The breeder bought on wholesale and sold me a 50lbs bag. One cup soaked for four-six days. They a sprouts mix looks like flex seed, chickpeas, snow peas, other grain mixture? Just rinsed these out - every 12 hours

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    385.7 KB · Views: 11
I don't see any reason to not feed them the sprouts. I would offer it in addition to their normal feed as a supplement. Have fun!
Thank you! They been pigging out on the sprout mix hehe they completely ignore their chick cereal. Question for you or those of you that know how to sprout properly? I soaked the sprout mix in water for 4-6 days and rinsed every 12 hours. They absorbed the water though none actually sprouted. What am I doing wrong?

Back
Top Bottom