Too good to be true fencing deal 4 anyone who has Lowe's.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjeanean

Can't Decide
11 Years
Mar 5, 2008
Missouri
I found this on Lowe's website after looking for a cheaper way to complete our yard fence. 64 linear feet of chain link will cost about $500 with the economy, but this stuff *may* work. I know that 14 gauge welded wire is about 3 times this much!!!! If I'm reading it right, and I think I am:

47 inches tall
330 feet long
13 gauge
field fence =

$120.00

IS THIS A GOOD DEAL??? CAUSE IF IT IS I WILL NEVER BUY WELDED WIRE AGAIN!!! Is it as tough as welded wire????

P.S.
Here's the link!!! If it is a good deal make sure everyone leaves me one, cause I can't buy one yet!!! http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=51321-307-70222&detail=desc&lpage=none

Last edited:
Field fence will not keep in chickens. The holes are too big. I didn't know what you were hoping to use it for.

As to whether it is a good deal or not, I don't know. I haven't fence-shopped lately.

-Kim

This fencing is GREAT, for cattle....sheep....maybe even hogs....but for chickens..and thier safety?? No. The openings in this fence is I think 3 or 4 INCHES. Big enough for a young hen to fit through, and definately big enough for most predators. Hope I didnt burst your bubble on this one.
hmm.png

I was actually hoping to use it in place of chain link for our property, since chain link is so expensive. What I really want to keep in/out are DOGS!!!

Hmmmm, well...it should keep in/out dogs....if they are too large to fit through the openings....and too fat to jump it. 4 ft isnt that tall...Are you planning to use it with poles...or T posts?? We used something similar for our back tard/dog area....but put wooden posts...and then the fence, and on the outside we put up 1x6's like a split rail fence. Just decorates the fencing up a bit.. LOL

Probably wooden posts, depending on which is cheaper....I just know that with prices the way they are I gotta do something other than chain link, and wow, this stuff seems to be perfect. My chickens have their own runs, this would finish off our partial front yard fence and we'd add a swing gate. What do u guys think of the idea?? Think it'll work??? we have 2 pit bulls, one little scaredy cat and one miniature pony-ish male....LOL!!! He has an electric fence, too, that he's terrified of....

We have it. It keep all our dogs in the yard and everyone else's out. Ours are pretty calm. If yours like to jump up on the fence when they see you that could be a problem because it does bend under weight. We have the metal posts.

This is what we fenced in a backyard for our collies with. We used treated landscape timbers which are cheap for our post. I can take a picture of it tomorrow and post it for you, just let me know.

mom and dad just used it to built a toddler fence around their travel trailer for neice (kids kept stealing her toys)
they used post in the corners and t's everywhere else

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom