Too late - Lawn sprayed with Chemicals :( :(

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Violet123, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Violet123

Violet123 New Egg

Aug 4, 2014
    Is there anything I can do??? Can I flush part of the lawn or do I just have to wait?

I had NO idea my lawn was going to be sprayed with chemicals today while I was at work. It was beyond my control and no one else was home to say, "we have chickens now, please stop coming!"

I am already fuming about it because it is completely unnecessary and unsafe! I never wanted it even without chickens. I have read other posts that don't recommend it, but in my case its too late so I'm looking for any suggestions.

I have a 6-week old chick that I graze during to the day. I didn't today because I thought it would be hot and didn't want to leave outside alone - at least I'm relived I didn't do that!

Specifically the lawn was sprayed with:

40% SCU, 2% Iron, Prosedge Nutsedge treatment, Quinclorac Cragrass with MSO, and battleship liquid weed control

Any ideas?

2. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    You only have one chicken?

I'd keep it off the lawn for a few weeks, less if it rains a lot.

You'd have to look up the exact chemical names to find out the risks...would be alot of research.

3. sbhkma

sbhkma Chillin' With My Peeps

I'd keep her off the lawn for a couple weeks and water the lawn really well several times a week to wash it down. What an awful dilemma!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by