Too long between internal and external pip?

Geese take 24-48 hrs so don't get excited and intervene just yet.
Very good advice here !

Everyone.. PLEASE pay attention to when the "internal"
pip has occurred, easy to tell if you monitor the eggs during incubation.
The larger end is the air cell end and will be tilting UP IN THE AIR until internal pip has happened, usually 1-2 days pre " due date ".
Once the " internal pip" has happened
the egg will sit level and hatch out should happen within 48 hours.
The chicks in those shells have enough air...."AFTER" the internal pip has happened.... for 2 days max.
When it's getting close to 48 hours "AFTER" the internal pip has happened
and no external pip has been made ..then, and only then...should you intervene and make a very tiny air hole with a Sterilized tool in the air cell end.
Just enough to get the chick air is all. After that leave it alone, that chick needs to do ALL THE WORK ON IT'S OWN in order to work the yolk sac in fully, etc.

I have 2 babies and 2 more on the way!

My muscovy eggs qty:2 lol are on day 30 this evening, ones internally pipped. Obviously I'm not in lockdown, I assumed leave them be and up the humidity??? Yes, no, advice??

Very good advice here !

Everyone.. PLEASE pay attention to when the "internal"
pip has occurred, easy to tell if you monitor the eggs during incubation.
The larger end is the air cell end and will be tilting UP IN THE AIR until internal pip has happened, usually 1-2 days pre " due date ".
Once the " internal pip" has happened
the egg will sit level and hatch out should happen within 48 hours.
The chicks in those shells have enough air...."AFTER" the internal pip has happened.... for 2 days max.
When it's getting close to 48 hours "AFTER" the internal pip has happened
and no external pip has been made ..then, and only then...should you intervene and make a very tiny air hole with a Sterilized tool in the air cell end.
Just enough to get the chick air is all. After that leave it alone, that chick needs to do ALL THE WORK ON IT'S OWN in order to work the yolk sac in fully, etc.

Does this time-frame apply to all species? Presumably smaller eggs with smaller air cells also have a smaller oxygen requirement, relatively speaking?
(panicking about overdue button quails, internally pipped over 24 hours ago but not been 48 hours yet)
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom