Too many boys?

two seperate coops would work best, one for the girls one for the boys
That's what I was thinking, but my two that I've had longer are best friends and have been together for 2 1/2 years... Same with the babies, except that they're hatch mates... I'm just wondering if they'll be ok until spring when we can get another female

That's what I was thinking, but my two that I've had longer are best friends and have been together for 2 1/2 years... Same with the babies, except that they're hatch mates... I'm just wondering if they'll be ok until spring when we can get another female
they may even be okay at that ratio, just have an extra coop to seperate if needed. i have 3 boys and 2 girls and sometimes they can even be together (oldest are almost2)

They might be. I would definitely have a plan B in place. If you aren't going to separate by sex then you will have to get several more females for each drake. You don't want your girls to suffer abuse.

Back
Top Bottom