Too many ducks at once???

Quote:
Yeah, when I was raising my imprinted gosling I worried about him hearing the ducklings and such. He was very friendly up to about 6 weeks old then he desided that I was a big gosling eating monster! I stopped my contact with him and put him in with the other geese. He was very mean, always biting everyone! Then out of no where he started acting nice to me again. So now he follows me around and lets me pet him and carry him around etc, but he HATES everyone else. He will bite anyone that isn't me
lol.png

He does seem to go through hormonal things and will act mean and bite me for a day or two, then back to normal. I'm now raising a White leghorn chick the same way I raised my gosling to see how they imprint. This time I'm not so picky about him seeing other birds, he's going to have to live close to them when he goes outside anyway.

Yeah, when I was raising my imprinted gosling I worried about him hearing the ducklings and such. He was very friendly up to about 6 weeks old then he desided that I was a big gosling eating monster! I stopped my contact with him and put him in with the other geese. He was very mean, always biting everyone! Then out of no where he started acting nice to me again. So now he follows me around and lets me pet him and carry him around etc, but he HATES everyone else. He will bite anyone that isn't me lol
He does seem to go through hormonal things and will act mean and bite me for a day or two, then back to normal. I'm now raising a White leghorn chick the same way I raised my gosling to see how they imprint. This time I'm not so picky about him seeing other birds, he's going to have to live close to them when he goes outside anyway.

Ok so you think it won't matter at this point, and his imprint will stay intact? Though I hear goslings imprint very strongly, more so than ducks. And ya my duck only likes a few people too lol, I'm hoping on figuring out a way that he'll like others.​

Quote:
Ok so you think it won't matter at this point, and his imprint will stay intact? Though I hear goslings imprint very strongly, more so than ducks. And ya my duck only likes a few people too lol, I'm hoping on figuring out a way that he'll like others.

I really don't know if it affects the imprinting. I know that Mother goose kept a few adult geese and ducks together, all imprinted, so you much be able to put them with other waterfowl eventually.

woot.gif
my ducks did the same thing. i'd haul one into bed with me in the evening to watch tv and it would sit right next to my face and nibble ear and pull earring and snooze. when thay got older didnt want anything to do with me unless i was raking, bringing them greens or turning over boards or rocks just for them. they are just as interested in the dogs when they dig a hole. theyll take snails, worms, greens out of my hand but do not want to be touched. thats ok coz i can sit out back and just watch them go about there bisiness for hours. i figure cats are for cuddling and ive got two dogs in bed with me every night! plenty of love....quetsweyo:hugs

Back
Top Bottom