Too many eggs! I'm going to lose my mind!

Quote:
NOOOOoooOOoooo
sad.png

if you don't have anyone who'll take them to eat, you can always feed them back to the ducks. crack them raw, mix them with their scratch or other feed. scramble them or boil them and chop them up shells and all... mine love them, it's good protien, saves on feed...

put an ad on craigslist... duck egs are quite popular if you've got any asian population near by...

anyone near you have their dogs or cat on a raw diet?

Last edited:
Well I lost 2 in the incubator today. Don't know why, but there were blood smears. I found someone looking for eggs to hatch on craigslist so they are supposed to come get a dozen. That will take care of the older ones that have been in the nest the longest. (5 days now)
To be honest. I only cooked them. The rest of the family ate them :p I'll give them a try tomorrow. There is something about eggs that when I cook them I can't eat them even if they are store bought. Idk, maybe it's the goo that make me lose interest.

Quote:
NOOOOoooOOoooo
sad.png

if you don't have anyone who'll take them to eat, you can always feed them back to the ducks. crack them raw, mix them with their scratch or other feed. scramble them or boil them and chop them up shells and all... mine love them, it's good protien, saves on feed...

put an ad on craigslist... duck egs are quite popular if you've got any asian population near by...

anyone near you have their dogs or cat on a raw diet?

The Hubby is completey against me feeding them back their eggs. Even if they are cooked.... its ridiculous.
I give a couple dozen a week to a friend with hunting dogs, he feeds them raw eggs, but thats it.

I'd say that is ridiculous why is he against it cause a waste of $ or what ????

Why don't you sell them and help with your feed bill ??

Even if you don't like to eat eggs yourself, duck eggs are really good to bake with !!

Depending on where you live duck eggs sell for alot more then chicken eggs. I can't keep up with my orders !!

Last edited:
Quote:
I made a cake with the eggs from today! Best cake I've made! Not sure if I'll give the eggs all of the credit though
tongue.png

Again thanks for the advice. I needed someone to talk me off the ledge with the reality of the situation. If not for your post I would probably have 50 of them in the incubator now!

Quote:
I made a cake with the eggs from today! Best cake I've made! Not sure if I'll give the eggs all of the credit though
tongue.png

Again thanks for the advice. I needed someone to talk me off the ledge with the reality of the situation. If not for your post I would probably have 50 of them in the incubator now!

SO COOL!
and happy to help
big_smile.png

I'm always good to have around if you're on a ledge. now if I'll talk you down, or if we both jump off together, that's another question...
lol.png

are you familiar with chicken math?
well, duck math's not much different...

did I mention that I bought 8 ducks today?
and four guinea keats?
and two turkeys?

<sigh>
poultry math...

but HEY! now I've got a ...
trio of silver appleyards
trio of cayugas
trio of khakis
quad of rouens
two pair of blue sweedish
and a really big very pretty steel gray crested drake of unknown breeding.

here's where the duck math comes in...

that very pretty steel gray drake?
he needs girls.

SEE? DANG it duck math strikes again.
lol.png

Quote:
Ive tried selling them, it seems most people think, eww duck eggs, or eww fresh eggs.
Alot of people are grossed out by fresh eggs, its ridiculous.
He doesnt care about the feed bill cost, he doesnt know what to do with how much money he makes anyway.. so he isnt worried about that.
Ive tried telling him I am going to cook them, and then feed them, then they wont recognize them as eggs, and he gets wicked mad. Its dumb.
So he told me to set them up, and use them for target practice. Which, I am not going to lie, I just got a new gun, and that sounds very fun :p

Quote:
Ive tried selling them, it seems most people think, eww duck eggs, or eww fresh eggs.
Alot of people are grossed out by fresh eggs, its ridiculous.
He doesnt care about the feed bill cost, he doesnt know what to do with how much money he makes anyway.. so he isnt worried about that.
Ive tried telling him I am going to cook them, and then feed them, then they wont recognize them as eggs, and he gets wicked mad. Its dumb.
So he told me to set them up, and use them for target practice. Which, I am not going to lie, I just got a new gun, and that sounds very fun :p

First of all, he doesn't need to worry any longer about not knowing what to do with the money he makes !!! I'll PM you my name and address !!! He can feed my chickens !!!
lau.gif

Now that we have that problem solved, do you ever bake? Use them for that.
Advertise on CL, like I said there are people allergic to chicken eggs that would love the duck eggs.
If he doesn't want the money, donate it to your local animal shelter or ?????

Who's to say you can't slip them some eggs when he's not home. Little white lies never hurt anybody. Or should I say little secrets.
As for shooting them, well yes that sounds like fun but it is a huge waste of a good food source for humans and animals alike. Not to mention the remains of the eggs will not only attract flys but also predators ie skunks, coons etc. Do you really want to attract predators to the area? If you do then you won't have long to worry about all of the eggs cause they will kill and eat your ducks.

You can also maybe donate the eggs to a food pantry or homeless shelter. I really can't see wasting them on target practice or tossing them.
By incubating the ones you have in the bator you are only asking for more unwanted eggs.
I am by no means a Je$u$ freak but chickens and ducks were put on this earth for a purpose and now days to waste a good food source is kinda hard to accept, IMHO
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom