Too many eggs! I'm going to lose my mind!

Offer to trade work fir duck eggs?

Offer to trade at your closest farmer's market for other produce?

Offer to give a doz to any restaurant that will collect duck scraps all week.

Blow them out and decorate for holidays/gifts.

Trade them to bakers 3 doz at a time for finished goods...

Or sell them... @ 5-7 $ a doz, give out a 'loyalty card' and give an extra doz free when they buy 10.

Quote:
I remember learning how to blow out eggs in when I was in school. You just gave me an idea for the remaining eggs still in the nest. I thought I was going to have to be thrown away since they are still being ignored by the ducks, but now I think I am going to take them to my kids school and see if the art room wants them to decorate. Thanx!
ya.gif

Quote:
I remember learning how to blow out eggs in when I was in school. You just gave me an idea for the remaining eggs still in the nest. I thought I was going to have to be thrown away since they are still being ignored by the ducks, but now I think I am going to take them to my kids school and see if the art room wants them to decorate. Thanx!
ya.gif

Good idea, you might want to candle them first to make sure they aren't rotten or have anything developing inside. Would not go over well with the kids or teacher it they were rotten and well you know what a rotten egg smells like right ?

Quote:
Ive tried selling them, it seems most people think, eww duck eggs, or eww fresh eggs.
Alot of people are grossed out by fresh eggs, its ridiculous.
He doesnt care about the feed bill cost, he doesnt know what to do with how much money he makes anyway.. so he isnt worried about that.
Ive tried telling him I am going to cook them, and then feed them, then they wont recognize them as eggs, and he gets wicked mad. Its dumb.
So he told me to set them up, and use them for target practice. Which, I am not going to lie, I just got a new gun, and that sounds very fun :p

I'd have to admit that I was one of "those people" that thought eww fresh eggs, but after seeing that everyone else were eating them and not dying I gave them a shot. They started coming home from my in-law's and I was like "no way while there is a rooster running around fertilizing them" + "they're brown, I only eat white eggs", but after educating myself on fertile vs. infertile, chicken vs. duck eggs I am ok with eating them now. Sounds to me like you should sit down and show or explain the eggs to the hubby (show him the fantastic cake recipes on byc) maybe then he would give them a try. I do agree with you on not feeding back to the ducks tho. I talked it over with my hubby and we both said there are a ton of things to do with them before we resort to that. I know it's okay to do it I just can't make myself!

I can't imagine letting the eggs go to waste. When I started this thread it was because I couldn't get past trying to SAVE them ALL. I was frustrated with the idea of a million ducklings running around, now that I have been shown the light I'm fine with finding other uses for them. I was actually making plans for what I would do with all of the extras in spring and taking them to a food pantry was one of them. There are a lot of people that can't find work right now and I'm sure a dozen eggs would help them. I like shooting at things. Some people think I'm crazy cause I like to shoot the crap fish that are over running the pond, but I don't think I could use the eggs for target practice not when they could prove to be so useful else where. I couldn't even bring myself to throw out the old ones that sat in the nest too long. I had to have the hubby haul them out.
Please consider the options listed by these people. My daughter told me last night she was not going to eat the cake if I used the duck eggs. I made it anyway and guess what...... she ate it!!!!
lau.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
ya.gif

Good idea, you might want to candle them first to make sure they aren't rotten or have anything developing inside. Would not go over well with the kids or teacher it they were rotten and well you know what a rotten egg smells like right ?

Oh, definitely! Today is only day 6 of them sitting there and I was going to candle them tonight anyway before pulling them out. If I were to take some rotten or semi-developed eggs up there.....
ep.gif
well, that just makes me laugh!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom