Too many eggs! Need to sell some.

AnaD

Songster
8 Years
Jan 27, 2011
N. Ca
Can anyone give me tips on how I should go about selling the extra eggs that I have from my 6 chickens and 3 ducks? I was thinking of posting on CL or maybe posting signs around the neighborhood letting people know there are eggs for sale. I can only sell maybe a dozen chicken and a dozen duck eggs a week..or maybe I should sell by the half dozen. I plan on looking up on CL to see what people in the area are selling their eggs for and I will base my price on that.
Hope someone can help me out!

You will probably get more if you don't CL. With CL you are competing with everyone in town.

I'd start with friends, co-workers. Or a small sign at the top of your road or neighborhood that say Farm Fresh Eggs from Happy Healthy Hens.

If you can't find some close local customers by all means use CL but with 1 dozen a week you probably won't have trouble finding customers.

I am a teacher, I sent out an email and have more customers than my 2 to 3 dozen a week extra can provide.

Good Luck.

Also if you have a local natural food store you might can put up a flyer on their board.

the half doz would be great for you..
i agree with freds hens.. i did the same thing.. gave them to people around my neighborhood and then when i said i need help to buy feed they would contribute money.. my daughters school bus driver her neighbor. a lady from church and my visiting teacher. if you have kids in school put it out that you have to many and need some sold.

Back
Top Bottom