Too many Roosters

sktlmt

Songster
8 Years
Dec 27, 2013
Last year I got 3 chicks thinking it would be fun to raise chickens and have fresh eggs. Everything was going great until 2 of my 3 girls went broody and did not lay eggs all summer. Fat Mama and Blondie would not break. So I went on CL and bought 6 fertile eggs figuring only 1 or 2 would hatch. Well my girls were very dedicated to the nest and all 6 hatched. Now when I bought the eggs I had no idea what breeds I was getting. I have 5 Naked Necks and 1 fluffy neck chicks born Aug 10 2013. and then the waiting game begins as I have no idea how to sex a baby chick. Many weeks later I have 2 black with white Naked Neck Roosters and my one fluffy neck is also a Rooster. and 3 little hens 2 black and 1 blond. The Roo's have all found their voices and the hens have begun to lay. All is going well but I am not suppose to have Roosters where I live. I would like to keep fluffy as he is the quietest of the group but the other 2 need a new home. I am in the SW Portland Oregon area if anyone wants a hand friendly naked neck Roo. I would love to find them a good home outside and not on a dinner plate!

images
to BYC!

It might help you if you head to this section of BYC, and find your states' thread and ask around for people in your area...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

Great to have you aboard and enjoy BYC!

welcome-byc.gif
Good to greet ya
frow.gif

You can put them up on the Buy Sell Trade after you have 20
post and you should have them in about an hour if you go say
hello to 20 new bee's and you should be able to get a nibble then
is this enough help for now
celebrate.gif

Hay you didn't let me say hello

Hay I am busy I will say hello later
hide.gif

gander007
old.gif

Naked necks are not that common, I would think the one rooster would draw a lot of attention. Maybe someone would want him for breeding for naked necks.

that is what I am hoping for. They both are black with white and both have nice big combs and waddles.

Back
Top Bottom