Too warm?

Lemon-Drop

Let Your Light Shine ~ Matthew 5:16 🤍✝️
Mar 5, 2021
Western Washington
My Coop
My Coop
My chicks (3 silkies) seem to crowd away from the heat lamp. I’ve read that means they are too warm. Should I raise the heat lamp? They are a little less than a week, I would guess. Otherwise they seem healthy. The temperature is 84 degrees (f)

I honestly thought they would be too cold, but...?

Attachments

• 1C404B57-44BF-4CD2-BC44-F08A6778A462.jpeg
    1C404B57-44BF-4CD2-BC44-F08A6778A462.jpeg
    422.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 0AA77695-D918-47CD-A488-F8E4155A4164.jpeg
    0AA77695-D918-47CD-A488-F8E4155A4164.jpeg
    202.1 KB · Views: 4
My chicks (3 silkies) seem to crowd away from the heat lamp. I’ve read that means they are too warm. Should I raise the heat lamp? They are a little less than a week, I would guess. Otherwise they seem healthy. The temperature is 84 degrees (f)

I honestly thought they would be too cold, but...?
Yes, I would raise the lamp.

Likely heat is reflecting off the tub surfaces and the small tote they are in.
Raise the lamp, they only need one warm spot - the tote is pretty small and they have no where to go to get away from the heat. Provide a much larger tote if at all possible.

Yes, I would raise the lamp.

Likely heat is reflecting off the tub surfaces and the small tote they are in.
Raise the lamp, they only need one warm spot - the tote is pretty small and they have no where to go to get away from the heat. Provide a much larger tote if at all possible.
Ok! I raised the heat lamp and they look happier. I have a larger tote (about 2-3X the size of the current)
When we first got them I decided that I didn’t want to start with the huge thing, but probably now is a good time to switch over.

Ok! I raised the heat lamp and they look happier. I have a larger tote (about 2-3X the size of the current)
When we first got them I decided that I didn’t want to start with the huge thing, but probably now is a good time to switch over.
I'm glad to hear they are happier with the lamp raised.

Good! You have a bigger tote ready, I would go ahead and use it. :)

Back
Top Bottom