Too warm?

Billyduck

In the Brooder
Aug 7, 2023
we are planning to transition the ducks outside. We currently have them in the garage. We are wanting them outside due to garage being hot (85ish) and notice panting a few times. I’m going to attach weather for next week (heat advisory) do you think we should keep in garage and keep cool the best we can or outside better?

Attachments

• IMG_2533.jpeg
    IMG_2533.jpeg
    206.6 KB · Views: 25
how old are they?
how much shade will they have in their outdoor space?
Is it "deep" shade? (big dense trees)
will they have pools of water to stand in?
:welcome

how old are they?
how much shade will they have in their outdoor space?
Is it "deep" shade? (big dense trees)
will they have pools of water to stand in?
:welcome
They are 5 weeks old
I have an awning from a swing I was going to tarp over half of their cage. Otherwise they will have some shade throughout the day from the house/fence/trees but they will have periods of direct sun.
They will have a little kiddie pool maybe 8 inches deep

i would wait until one more week after the two days with 100° go past plus they'll be better able to handle it at six weeks old .
for now Perhaps you could bring them out just for the morning for a few hours each day so they start to get used to being out there and bring them back in to garage around noon. that's just what I would do. I also might share a little ice in their water.

i would wait until one more week after the two days with 100° go past plus they'll be better able to handle it at six weeks old .
for now Perhaps you could bring them out just for the morning for a few hours each day so they start to get used to being out there and bring them back in to garage around noon. that's just what I would do. I also might share a little ice in their water.
Okay thank you! They are getting outside most days right now but supervised so hopefully a smooth transition

Back
Top Bottom