Took More Pics.. Help Me Sex These Silkies..

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Chickie Mamma, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Chickie Mamma

Chickie Mamma Farmer at Heart

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Hello again, I took some more pics of my 13 week old babies. I am begining to believe that out of 4 I have only 1 pullet. What do you think? They are a little upset from their bath, so they are not standing too nicely..
    This one has a large mulberry comb, its hard to see with all that fluff!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This Splash I am starting to believe its a boy...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Blackie has some brown feathers around its neck. Hopefully they will grow out?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the only one I think is a girl...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking and any guesses would be greatly appreciated.. [​IMG]

2. Chick-a-roos

Chick-a-roos Songster

Jun 3, 2009
    Blue Ridge, GA
    I sure can't guess the sex of your babies since I can't figure out what my two silkies are! But, just wanted to say how beautiful your babies are! Your 1st silkie is "ALL FLUFF"!

3. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    I believe you are correct. You have 3 boys. The only one I am questioning is the black one, and the gold in the hackles most likely won't grow out. I believe it's a DQ.

4. Chickie Mamma

Chickie Mamma Farmer at Heart

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Quote:Thanks.. I am so annoyed with that little black one. That was a $49.00 chick. I ordered 12 eggs off a breeder on eggbid. 5 were not fertile and only one hatched. I wouldn't mind if it was nice quality, but what a waste of money. The poofy ones, I got off a breeder on ebay. Same price for 6 eggs and 3 hatched and they are beautiful! Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: