Toothpaste thief... Are you serious???

duckyfromoz

Quackaholic
10 Years
Jan 11, 2010
Australia
Ok..So I had a rotten day today...I decided that cooking pancakes would be what I need...So I walked up to the little local supermarket. Not really a place where cops would hang out- I realised something must have gone on inside when I saw a blue and white van in the parking lot. Sure enough- just as I was about to walk through the doorway....Out came two police officers and an early 20's female handcuffed.

I collected the items I needed to make some truely awesome pancakes and headed for the checkout. Of course while paying- I had to ask about what happened.. Apparently the girl was seen putting stuff in her bag- So the police were called...The bag was opened and inside was $90 worth of toothpaste!!! Yep..Plain old toothpaste... Maybe this girl knows there is about to be a worldwide shortage and planned to sell her nights work on the black market..
gig.gif

Of all the things the store sells... I have to ask....WHY TOOTHPASTE??????????

Don't you know the value of a pretty smile?

Paying reparations $100
Paying court costs $1000
Paying family not to laugh $10000
Having the crispest smile that side of the Mississippi PRICELESS.

Quote:
Just as long as you paid for them......

I was just having a look through the supermarket catalogue - not that I know which brand she was pinching- or if it was the same brand...But even at $5 a tube thats 18 tubes of paste !!

All those tubes of paste ... And not a single toothbrush....
th.gif

HAHAHAHAHA what the heck? why toothpaste??? that's the dumbest thing i've heard!!! lol

lau.gif
gig.gif

IF you are going to steal and be dumb enough to get caught... make it something good! like pretty stuff for you hair
lau.gif
i'm kidding

I used to work overnights in a grocery store. Once an old homeless man got busted stealing the cheapest whiskey we had. The night manager asked him if he was gonna steal whiskey why not the expensive stuff. He replied "It's not my brand"

When I worked at Target the younger (tween) crowd used to steal the cheap $1 make-up. Go figure - if I was gonna steal it would be something worth my time.

Maybe she has a LOT of kids who eat a LOT of candy..... or maybe she has a LOT of dirty grout.... or maybe she has a LOT of silver to polish..... or maybe she has a LOT of idiot boyfriends with bad breath. Hmmm... what else could there be? There HAS to be a reason behind this. I will be putting serious thought into other possible explanations....
big_smile.png

Ok, this might sound corny, and maybe I watch too much of this particular show, but I watched an episode of CSI (it was either Vegas or Miami, can't recall which), and this lady actually committed suicide by swallowing several tubes of toothpaste along with some medication like Benadryl to make her sleepy so she'd fall asleep and not throw it up. Then she handcuffed herself to the bed and...died! I was shocked, I didn't think toothpaste could kill like that, but apparently it can! I knew you could if you ate enough of it. This woman ate like 3 or more tubes of it in the show. It was all to frame her husband, but the CSI team figured it out (of course, it's written in the script) and they were quite surprised too. It has to be fluoridated toothpaste though. In the show this woman's husband was a dentist. I dunno, but when you said this woman stole toothpaste, for some reason this episode of CSI came into my mind.
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom