Top 10 Chicken Breeds!!!

1. Old English Game Bantams are my absolute favourite - they are so sweet and friendly and tiny, and make fabulous mothers.
2. Modern Game Bantams (I'd love to get some one day) - love their long legs.
3. d'Uccles - so pretty and cute.
4. English Araucanas (I'm in New Zealand and those are the kind we have) for their beautiful blue eggs, cute top knots and beards.
5. French Houdans - very gentle, easy going breed to take care of.
6. Langshans - my Mum has one and she is a beautiful, serene, friendly, easy-going bird with huge, dark eyes, and gorgeous shiny black feathers with very fluffy legs.

My favorite breed is the Blue Copper Marans. The main reason is because that was the first breed I ever had. I had one hen and she was super sweet. She'd follow me around all over. They're also a hearty bread that does well in the cold Michigan winters and she was a pretty good layer too.

I want every breed out there! They're all awesome! :lau
Jersey Giant, good dual purpose and the biggest calmest birds I've ever had. Only breed I've had I could have multiple roosters and no problems.
I'm pretty soon to be done with them though, chicken math, too many...have to cut down some where.
Think I'm going to stick with just naked necks now, just started with them last yr.
Naked Necks is now my ultimate fav, awesome birds. Great layers, great meat, easy plucking with no hair on carcass. They excel in hot climates and laugh at our below zeroF cold winters. Just had a broody hatch some, two so far just before I left for work, hoping for many more tomorrow :fl

I want every breed out there! They're all awesome! :lau
Jersey Giant, good dual purpose and the biggest calmest birds I've ever had. Only breed I've had I could have multiple roosters and no problems.
I'm pretty soon to be done with them though, chicken math, too many...have to cut down some where.
Think I'm going to stick with just naked necks now, just started with them last yr.
Naked Necks is now my ultimate fav, awesome birds. Great layers, great meat, easy plucking with no hair on carcass. They excel in hot climates and laugh at our below zeroF cold winters. Just had a broody hatch some, two so far just before I left for work, hoping for many more tomorrow :fl

I want Jersey Giants so bad

I've only had a few types of birds. Looking forward to living outside town limits. Australorps are my all-time fave so far. They do well in the midwest winter, lay like the dickens in the summer, and chase off the neighborhood cats.

Absolutely
:yesss:

Mutts- They can be in all shapes and colors and feather patterns! Also they are all so unique.

Old english game bantams- They come in so many varieties! They also are good at avoiding predators and are small and good foragers.

Sebrights- They have such nice lacing, and are small, but are pretty good at avoiding predators.

D'uccles- They come in a variety of nice colors and are friendly, they are also small and have BEARDS!!!

Seramas- They are so tiny! And they come in so many colors and varieties. They are also friendly.

As you can see, I LOVE bantams! :p

Back
Top Bottom