Top Notch Organic feed in IL & the Midwest

Randomhero

In the Brooder
7 Years
Aug 20, 2012
If you are in Central/West IL and looking for certified organic feed, I have a phone number for you! I buy all my farm animal feed from this guy and Ive had extraordinary results. My pigs, goats, turkeys, broilers, layers, and ducks absolutely love love love the feed. Every bag has the ingredients listed and the % of each in the mixture.

Josh McMillan - Feed Mill Manager
2300 E. 890 Rd.
Fairbury, IL 61739 (Pretty close to Bloomington/Normal.)
(815)383-8815
[email protected]

^^ That should be his correct info.

Ive been super happy with the feed quality (The best $ can buy) and with Josh. I do believe there are other pickup spots all over the Midwest and they are worth checking into if you arent farming in IL.

Heres the webby link: http://www.midwestorganic.com/index.html

Ive been so happy with everything I thought Id share this awesome business with fellow farmers / BYC members, you and your animals wont regret it! ;)

The Rahn Ranch animals couldn't be happier!

Went there yesterday to pick up 40 bags of various animal feed! It was all bagged a few hours before I arrived, talk about fresh!! It's a 2.5 hour trip there and back, I'm considering the option of having him deliver it next time for a small fee....ESP because I literally couldn't fit ONE more bag in my escape SUV. It was packed from the floor to the ceiling and my passenger seat was even stuffed, him delivering the next batch seems more viable every time I think about it.

Started fermenting the layers mash from Josh with Braggs ACV, I'm excited for my ladies, 6-8 days and hopefully my mother culture will be ready! Will be visiting restaurants for 5 gallon food grade buckets to do the hang and drain setup for time and ease. Wonder if goats like fermented feed? Will also be trying with the pig feed from Midwest Organics, pigs love fermented food!

Last edited:
Just picked up 8 bags...thank you for this post or I never would have known about them. I know this is an old thread, but I thought I would just add to it rather than start a new one.

They ask you order a week or 2 ahead but they had it ready in a couple of days.

FYI the feed is put into plain brown paper feed bags.. no label, a code is written on the end ..
This is a real small co op of farmers, but it is milled when you order it.

Was 1 and 1/2 hr away from New Lenox IL
http://www.midwestorganic.com/feed-pricingproducts.html
The address for pick up is now:

8962 N. 2300 E. Rd.
Fairbury, IL 61739

arranged pickup only
Mon-Thu:

8:00 am - 5:00 pm​
new mailing address :
Midwest Organic Farmer's Cooeprative
P.O. Box 19 317 S. Sciota St.
Sibley, IL 61773