Topic of the Week - Duck Housing

Oh boy have they grown and look great. Are you ready to move then outside? How the weather there?

It is rainy and chilly outside right now. Highs in the low 60's, low of 40. Could they move outside already?

If so, I need to make in roads on their housing as I have been trying to finish a garage remodel (I finish today) so I should get started right away? We have another heavy freeze coming next week. I can always herd them in the garage if needed.

What do you think? They are 19 days. I can have the coop built in 2 days, if I stop playing with the ducks. :wee

They still need warmth @Patrick McKee unless you can furnish it outside.

Yes, I can get power to their night time house. Thank you!

They are really getting independent. They want to be outside all the time. Nights drop into the 30-40's here and next week is suppose to be another freeze, but these ducks seem like they are strong little duckies and I have seen ducks in snow, so...I think they will be fine if I can get them a safe sleepy house.

I realized at about 15 days old that these ducklings were going to free range. They already do not like the brooder and the new one in the garage is huge. They like it outside. Period.

So my run requirements got a lot easier and I had to do a redesign last night, not much run, focus on night house.

I am going to try and move them outside on week 4, which will be this coming Monday.

Here is a video this morning. I gave in to the screaming and we went outside for a couple hours. They were beat after and came inside with no problem.

Back
Top Bottom