Toss Training Pigeons

Huh, seems like I’m in the same boat as OP here! Kinda screwed the pooch and tossed solo and on a full belly, so we’ll see if my bird comes back in the morning. Only tossed her from two blocks up the road, and she’s always been a great sport about coming back when loft flying, so hopefully she’s just out for a joy flight! :p I got her from someone who found her lost to the East, and she was flying towards the west, so I doubt she’s returning toher home loft.

Huh, seems like I’m in the same boat as OP here! Kinda screwed the pooch and tossed solo and on a full belly, so we’ll see if my bird comes back in the morning. Only tossed her from two blocks up the road, and she’s always been a great sport about coming back when loft flying, so hopefully she’s just out for a joy flight! :p I got her from someone who found her lost to the East, and she was flying towards the west, so I doubt she’s returning toher home loft.
:flSure hope she finds her way back in a day or two! Can you loft fly some of your other birds to attract her?

I could try, it would just be risky- the only birds I have that I would trust to be imprinted (I just got into pigeons pretty recently) are a mated couple, though I just feel a bit nervous letting the hen fly since she’s expecting eggs this week. I suppose I could run an emergency crash course on trap door use for the cock, though.

I could try, it would just be risky- the only birds I have that I would trust to be imprinted (I just got into pigeons pretty recently) are a mated couple, though I just feel a bit nervous letting the hen fly since she’s expecting eggs this week. I suppose I could run an emergency crash course on trap door use for the cock, though.
I agree it would be too risky to fly your breeding pair, best wait for your solo bird to return.

Back
Top Bottom