Toss Training Pigeons

cool! Are you a falconer?

yes, it makes sense, but I don't see how it relates to pigeons. :idunno sure, you may 'toss' both, but pigeons are tossed so they fly home. And you don't hold each one and toss it up. Here's my tossing basket: View attachment 2459572View attachment 2459573

So even though you toss both, tossing is different for them, and has totally different purposes. You 'toss' your bird to catch my 'tossed' pigeons. :hit;) just kidding!
:p
I am not a falconer yet, but I have studied for it for quite a while for when that day comes! ;)
Yeah, It's cool how they fly home, falcons also fly back to their handler!
I love pigeons, they're so intelligent!

cool! Are you a falconer?

yes, it makes sense, but I don't see how it relates to pigeons. :idunno sure, you may 'toss' both, but pigeons are tossed so they fly home. And you don't hold each one and toss it up. Here's my tossing basket: View attachment 2459572View attachment 2459573

So even though you toss both, tossing is different for them, and has totally different purposes. You 'toss' your bird to catch my 'tossed' pigeons. :hit;) just kidding!
Good joke! ;)

Do you even know what a hoople is?
I googled it before I replied :oops:

According to The Concise New Partridge Dictionary of Slang and Unconventional English, “hoople” dates back to 1928 and means a fool or a dolt, while “hoople head” dates back to 1985 and means an idiot.

I said what I said because I toss my pigeons regularly.

Relating to pigeons a hoople is a net-like device for catching pigeons. Picture lacing a net hoop or tennis racket frame loosely with soft cotton string. It's used to gently pin a pigeon against the floor or wall much like some people advocate using a broom. It won't break or shred feathers like most nets will. To call a pigeon flier a hoople was not a slight. It recognized the fact that he used the right tools to keep his birds in good condition.

Relating to pigeons a hoople is a net-like device for catching pigeons. Picture lacing a net hoop or tennis racket frame loosely with soft cotton string. It's used to gently pin a pigeon against the floor or wall much like some people advocate using a broom. It won't break or shred feathers like most nets will. To call a pigeon flier a hoople was not a slight. It recognized the fact that he used the right tools to keep his birds in good condition.
:gig :oops:

Google isn't good for everything! Sorry for the confusion. I thought you were pretty much saying i was a dweeb for tossing pigeons!

Back
Top Bottom