Tot snacks

Put eggs in pot cover in water about an inch or so above the eggs bring to boil cover remove from heat let stand 7min to 10min.

No problem. They are quite a good snack, just a bit hard to peel. I boil them in large quantities let's them sit until room temp. then cover them in white vingar for about 4 hours. This makes the shell like a thin piece of rubber and peels off very easy. I understand not everyone likes the taste of vingar but if you don't mind a hint of it this is the way to go.(I pickle most of mine any ways).

thumbsup.gif
sounds great, thanks for the hint.

O.K...
I cooked a few! lol... Worked great! I think I could have let them sit a little longer than I did. I took them out around 7 min. Next time I'll leave till 10. But a great little egg it is!
lol.png

100_5977.jpg

As far as peeling, I tried the same way I do regular eggs. I couldn't wait 4 hrs to try one! They're so little and cute it's like having a new toy.
gig.gif

Pour off all the hot water, and cover the eggs with ice, then about 1" of water. Smash both ends of the egg real good against the side of the pot, so the ice water gets in. Leave them soak in the ice water a few min. then start peeling from the large end.

Worked pretty good! It was a little difficult in a few spots, but the egg seemed a little soft , like it could have cooked a little more.

My son and hubby will have a fun , healthy snack tomorrow in their lunch!

I need more quail! ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait for the new babies to grow!!! 4 eggs a day don't go too far with a 14 yr. old boy, hubby , and me.. lol...

CoCkYone88 Would you mind sharing how you pickle them?

Well let me start by saying I am no expert and there isn't any real wrong way to pickel the eggs as long as they are in a sealed canning jar with a mixture of vingar water and some spieces.
I start by boiling 50 to 60 eggs (yeilds 2 1pint jars) as directed above.
Dived the eggs between the 2 jars and eat what don't fit.
In a small stock pot combine
1 1/2 cup vingar
1 cup water
2 sliced hot peppers
1/4 medium sized onion minced
1 1/2 table spoon minced galic
1 table or so spoon salt
1 table spoon or so cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon or so dill seed
Some onion powder galic powder and black pepper
Bring to rolling boil turn off heat let's stand for 10 minutes on hot burner then poor it in the jars with the eggs already in place. Apply lids place one jar in fridge after 24 hours and the other in the cabneit.

Thank you CoCkYone88
I'm interested in trying many diff. ways.

now, I know nothing about canning or jarring. I've done some jellies, with wax seals and that's the extent of what I know. lol..

by sealing your jars, is it hot water bath? or how do you do it?

I can't wait till I have a decent # of quail to get more eggs each day!
gig.gif
Only have 5 girls at the moment, bout 4 mo. old.. and 6 more in the brooder just a few weeks. A few eggs in the bator and will be ordering more. lol..

My son liked his snack surprise!

Back
Top Bottom