Total barnyard mix but...thoughts??

This is NOT the breed of my Chickie but I came across this picture and wonder if she will look similar with the grey body, darker grey and brown neck. I just could not picture this mix of colors she was developing but hmmmm.... definitely fun to guess along the way!

Photo is a screenshot of the French Black Copper Maran from 'The Cosy Hen Company' website.

This was really cool to find and thought I'd share. I love finding all these cool breeds and colors. Chicken math IS real and I seem be forgetting how to count! Good thing my hubs is standing over me counting for us🤣🤣

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210105-093614.png
    Screenshot_20210105-093614.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
Potential roosters:
Ayam Cemani
Barnyard mix (has a crazy crest and feathered feet)

Hens on property:
RIR, Silver Wyandotte, Buff Orpington, EE, Plymouth Rock, Welsummer, Brown Leghorn, Speckled Sussex, Brahma

Her personality is so sweet. She is on the smaller side compared to her hatch mates. She was all light grey fluff, feathers grew in a bit darker with the light and dark grey pattern on her body and dark grey on neck. She has started some brown feathers on her neck at about 9-10 weeks. She is 11 weeks now.
I would love some guesses! Being new to chickens I am really enjoying learning about the different traits from all the breeds and gathering information as we are on this crazy chicken journey 😜
So sweet

If i had to guess i would say its your barnyard mix and your barred rock hen as females would be solid males would be barred what color is the barnyard mix? Since the chick is blue im assuming the rooster is blue
There are a couple pictures of the rooster and flock on the first page. He is a mix of colors with a funky looking crest, feathered legs and five toes. He was a rescue so they have zero idea of his mix but is super sweet.

She’s very likely a barred rock x barnyard mix. Pullets from that cross wouldn’t inherit the barring. Her coloration is basically the blue version of a black sex link (barred rock hen x RIR rooster).

Back
Top Bottom