Toughest dog toy?

The Jolly Ball! It's a round ball with a handle. My boxer mixes love it and they can't destroy it. These are the same dogs that can go through a regular toy in minutes. The Jolly Ball is also used at zoos for the elephants and gorillas. It is practically indestructible. The large one costs $10-12 at Jeffers Pet (www.jefferspet.com). Jolly makes a whole line of indestructible toys, including a squeaky. We do love our squeakies around here.

You might also look at Jeffers for the fire hose toys. I got my Lily the retrieving squeaky stick and in four years she hasn't chewed it up yet. One corner is a little gnawed on, but for the most part it is intact. Lily is HARD on toys. She is a dedicated chewer and can shred normal toys (even the "tough" ones) within a day at most. The fire hose material toys and the jolly ball are the only two she hasn't annihilated.

Good luck! I totally feel your pain with two destructo dogs of my own.

(Jeffers is located in south Alabama, but ships everywhere. They have consistently good prices on everything. It's worth checking out their website.)

Yea, we use the black kong. Haven't tried any other color since the black one is suppose to be the strongest.

As Citygirl mentioned, the jolly ball is great. However, Casey, our pit mix, can pop the dog ones in a matter of days or a couple weeks at most. We get her the big horse jolly ball (yea, the one that is over a foot in diameter). She LOVES it! The black kong is the inside toy and the horse jolly ball (which lasts 6 mos to a yr) and her basketball are her outside toys.

Black Kong?????
gig.gif
I had ours replaced about 10 times before I decided NOT to give it to Tesla anymore....

Deer antlers.

Oh yeah, I don't even mess with the little jolly balls. We always get the biggee. I do have the 10" model and it has held up fairly well. I noticed that it has a rip in it, but they haven't started shreding it yet. It's been ripped for a while. So far so good!

Okay, gonna check out all these toys and DH will have to ask the guys at work if they have any deer antlers they'd like to part with.
hide.gif

Last edited:
My GP puppy likes to chew on small pieces of firewood. Doesn't make sense to spend good money on something they can't eat.

She also loves pig's ears from the feedstore.

Google Big Mean Kitty Dog Toy and it should bring up some websites to order from - you would want the LARGE one - My Jack could never rip thru it, he tore up EVERY single toy I gave him except this one - Though, I have to say Kongs never interested him

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
I would never order thru petedge.

I just go to there store in Reno I LOVE THAT STORE.

I don't have the store near me!!
ep.gif
Lucky you!

Back
Top Bottom