Toughest dog toy?

Man I guess we are pretty lucky. Our mini Aussie "Quincy" will be 3 in Nov. We started buying him stuffed toys when he was young and he still has every one we ever bought him. He plays hard with them but deosn't tear em up. Quincy has gotten a little picky though. He doesn't care for the toys that just squeak he wants the ones that make animal sounds and such.

Quote:
Cherokee chewed the whole thing in less than 60 seconds. Its kind of a tough gummy toy with a large hard treat for them to work over. Good idea but she already ate a Buster Cube
barnie.gif
. I only tried it as we won it in a basket of other doggie goodies at a local pet palooza thingy. I looked at the ingredients (of the treat not the toy) and its from China--I don't give any more food treats from China just in case. Amazing how many pet food and treats are from China--you have to search for the American made ones!

It's funny how it's not the size of the dog that determines whether they're destructive machines either. Toys will last forever with my 90 lb male golden. But my 75 lb female will chew through Kongs, firehose material toys, ropes (she sure passes some interesting poop...lol) and such....she works her way around the edges until they're small enough for my male to swallow. Three stomach surgeries later, we give no cow hooves or bones and we keep a very sharp eye on how far along toys have been chewed, removing them when they're down to a certain size. Like a previous poster said, we do buy the cheapy squeaker toys just for a 5 minute treat...my male loves getting to the squeaker!!!
Our large black Kong has lasted for about two months this time. Maybe she's outgrowing the chew urge a little...
Gonna google the Big Mean Kitty thing....

Last edited:
Great thread. It's funny though how when you have a serious chewer you look at a toy and can pick out exactly how she's going to shred it in a matter of seconds.
roll.png
Most of those posted I am 100% sure my female would have in pieces in no time whatsoever.
he.gif

Tennis balls literally last SECONDS, not minutes. Kongs -- even the black -- are gone in less than half an hour. Fire hose toys may as well be candy bars as far as she's concerned. Baseballs (even softballs - that we thought would be too big. HA!) are shredded in a matter of minutes.
barnie.gif

The thing is, whatever we buy cannot have even the slightest edge to it. Any edge or lip she can get her teeth on (like the seams in baseballs, for instance) and that toy is a goner.

The only toy we've found that she can't demolish immediately is a Kong Ball. It's made out of the same material as the softer kong (red) but there are no edges where she can get a hold on a part of it to rip off. We bought the large one so it fills her mouth pretty well. She gets it in there and chews it, but so far... so good. They run about $10 in stores, but it's better than $0.99 for a tennis ball every ten seconds.
wink.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom