Toughie

Morgan7782

Dense Egg Goo
9 Years
Mar 22, 2010
Sacramento CA
Bleh, today is a hard day. At this moment I am an adult (23) living at home, and let me tell you, it is not my first choice! I have been out of work for a while due to a few health issues, which are now getting cleared up thank goodness. But until I find a job, I am at home. And I am going stir crazy just about. I've been fighting a lot with my mom lately, the family is just going through a tough time but I am sure living in close quarters as two adults is NOT helping. I am desperate to find a job, and am fortunate that I am able to start looking to work full time. Plus, my whole work field has been customer service, and that seems to be coming back in here in Northern California again. Ideally I would love to work as a receptionist in a vet's office, or something like that but at this point I will go back to food service!

The issue I have about moving out is I need to make a certain amount to be able to rent a house that allows large dogs, and my chickens.. Although I did see land for sale in Montana for 250.00 an acre!!!!
droolin.gif
ep.gif
But I do need to live on my own, this is really hard living here at the moment. I like to be able to control my animals without having to worry about other people in the house doing things wrong.

Sorry
sad.png
I am just venting. I also don't want to be judged here for living at home, trust me it's not my best choice and I am itching to get back to work and find a place of my own. I could live anywhere esentially. The idea is exciting. Although I may need to trade my gas guzziling truck to get a minivan for the animals lol!! I get dreamy eyed anytime I think of moving out, I did live on my own when I was 18-22 years and it was WONDERFUL! Hopefully it will happen soon!
fl.gif

I do hope everybody else is having a good day, it is beautiful here in Sacramento, nice and cool.

As a daughter AND the mother of daughters, I can completely relate to your situation. I had to move back home for a while after college, and my mother and I butted heads constantly. My DD (20 on Monday) is currently living at home and working part-time, and my youngest daughter is getting ready to start her senior year of HS. WAY to much estrogen in this house! I feel so sorry for DH, sometimes.

I'm sure you'll find relationships much less strained once you're out on your own again.

Good luck!

hugs.gif

Morgan, do things in small steps. My son moved home for a period of 6 months to get his life reorganized. He started working "temp" jobs until he found something that he really liked. Resolve your health issues and other things will resolve themselves. Good luck!

Living at home isn't so bad! I'm close to your age and I wouldn't mind living at home for quite a few more years! It saves a ton of money.

Definitely don't be ashamed of that at all. It's tough getting started in this world today, but you are still young and you have plenty of time to get on your feet!

I left home when I was 17 and in some small ways regret it now... But on the other hand my sister who is 27 is still at home with our mother- and although she talks about moving out- she knows she is better off staying where she is. But at 37 years old now- there is no way I could even contemplate ever moving back home. I am just too independent and couldnt live with my controlling mother. I wish you all the best in finding a job and hope you find something that suits your needs and you find enjoyable and rewarding- and also in finding a nice little place where your animals are welcome.

I left home myself at 17 (military, got my parents to sign for me) and never looked back. The military gave me a marketable skill which I used to fund my own rural place. If I had to start over, I would live in a Tepee on rural land before I would rent or live in a city.

Quote:
LOL! Great about the Tepee, I am just about there!

Thank you all for your kind words of encouragment, I think because I lived on my own and then moved back home I am feeling.. Smushed? Hehe. I am mostly butting heads with my mom regarding the animals. I keep my young cat in my room until my pullets are grown, and my mom is constantly badgering me about letting the cat out. I realize I need a place of my own where I can handle my animals as I want and not worry about doors accidentally or purposefully opening.

Sacramento is not too bad, it's a nice balance of city and country, with low rent and it has more jobs then a lot of smaller towns I was looking into. The tension between my mom and I is starting to subside a little, whenever she mentions letting the cat out or how complicated the animals have gotten, I just say very calmly:

"Thank you for respecting my boundries."

She usually rolls her eyes and says "I am NOT respecting your boundries" and I will just say calmly "Take the hint."

That seems to be quieting her down a little, seeing as she isn't even the one dealing with the cat/chicken seperation. Cat is in MY room, chickens are MINE to deal with/protect until they are big enough to kick my little cat's butt.

Thank you all again though. I am definately going to start job hunting, and house hunting. Heck I would live in a trailer on some property if need be, done it before on 10 acres and LOVED it.

Back
Top Bottom