Toulouse Geese Thread

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Miss Lydia, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I have had my Toulouse goose for a week now and I have to say she is lovely. she is 4 months old and is beginning to feel comfy here. I also have an Embden gander, I hope others will share pics of their Toulouse and knowledge they have about this breed.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Lets start one, change the title of the thread to Toulouse Geese Thread.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  3. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Great idea I just did. your s is gorgeous too I might add.

1 person likes this.
  4. Iain Utah

Iain Utah Overrun With Chickens

Dec 17, 2011
    Great thread idea! Lydia, so happy you are enjoying your new baby!

I also have a toulouse girl, Chicory, whom I love very much! She turned 4 months old last week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    She is so pretty, mine is a little under weight but I'm working on it. She follows my Embden gander around like a little puppy. I named mine Missy. I think he is finally beginning to realize he's a goose and not a duck. LOL[​IMG]sorry didn't mean to take away from your pics with mine, should have had a new post. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  6. Iain Utah

Iain Utah Overrun With Chickens

Dec 17, 2011
    Lydia, your girl has the same look as a lot of the grey dewlap juveniles I rescued. It has been awesome to watch them transform over the past month. They are still not in ideal condition, but they look so much better already. I can't wait to see a pic of Missy in 30 days. She will be stunning!

7. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I have been following your thread about them, they are all looking so good. I am hoping to see a big change in Missy too. I read they have a calm disposition so maybe she will help my gander be a little nicer. He can be a stinker at times.

8. 1MrsMagoo

1MrsMagoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    St Tammany Parish LA
    Yeah, another goose breed thread I can participate in: I only have two breeds so that is a big deal for me!

I got my first set of Toulouse on April 4th as part of an order of waterfowl from McMurray Hatchery. I wasn't really worried about whether they'd be high quality or not since they were free: I had won a photo contest and gotten a $100 gift certificate as a prize.

However, I can say I am very pleased overall with how they have turned out. At 4 1/2 months old, the gander has surpassed all my Pomeranians in size and the goose has caught up with them. I really like having the color in amongst the Pomeranians too. I think they are very pretty geese and fairly even tempered as well.

Ozzie, my Toulouse gander, seems to be the leader/head gander of the the juveniles from the front coop and John, my original Pom gander, leads the flock of his goslings. When all the geese are together, the two seem to walk side-by-side and share leadership of the flock.

Here are a few pictures of my pair, Ozzie and Harriet out with their friends this afternoon.

Ozzie and company blocking my driveway while grooming, which is a daily occurance:
    [​IMG]

Ozzie and Harriet at the front pond:
    [​IMG]

Ozzie watching me very closely:
    [​IMG]

Harriet taking a nap:
    [​IMG]
    Another shot of Harriet:
    [​IMG]

Mobilizing the flock to go raid the chicken pasture.

[​IMG]

9. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Sorry couldnt post more earlier. Had to run and pick up this bundle of fluff.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lydia, she is lovely, and yes as Iain said she will look so much different in a month with all of your care.

Chickielady likes this.
  10. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Aww how cute. another LGD? Congrats!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by