Toulouse pipped and worried

You've done well and learnt a lot from this hatch. Did you notice the time it took from external pipping to hatching? I though it would be about 30-36 hours.

You'll have to remind me as we get lots of enquiries but were these the eggs you put into a separate container for lockdown inside your regular incubator?

If it was then a picture would be very helpful for other members.

Thanks - Pete
wink.png

I already notice the imprinting...anytime i talk and it hears me its starts chirping and going crazy trying to get out of the box...i gave it a stuffed animal but it doesn't cuddle with it...also its eating and drinking very well today i had to show it where its food was but it caught on quickly...we've named it bumble...
[/URL]
Oh my goodness how adorable..

We had to assist hatch because they were to big but I've learned that with both my Toulouse/Pomeranian babies not to let them go past 12 hrs without assisting...other wise they tire and give up...they pipped but they were to big due to to much humidity...so I've turned up the incubator to 100 to assist with the others and hoping they don't Get to big to hatch on their own...

As far as the container inside the incubator yes it worked fantastically...i put a damp washcloth in the bottom put the eggs in and covered with cling wrap...put two holes in the top and only put them on absolute lock down after they piped the shell...ice noticed that the cress breed of Toulouse/Pomeranian cross is very finicky...but well worth it when they are out and healthy...they are very quick to imprint after they hatch...but i also didn't alot of time talking to it and holding it because it is the only gosling right now

I've found if you only have one and its fussing or like my pair was fussing when I got out of sight, I put a shirt I have worn and they seem happy and quit fussing. They also have a stuffed toy as well as a mirror but the addetion of tge shirt seemed to make them more comfortable.

Bumble as i call it is doing well he's is now outside in the shed...he's doing well and there are other baby geese outside with him but they are separated so the don't kill him...thank you all for the wonderful advice and help...our other two have begun piping hopefully they will be here soon and bumble will have some friends

Bumble as i call it is doing well he's is now outside in the shed...he's doing well and there are other baby geese outside with him but they are separated so the don't kill him...thank you all for the wonderful advice and help...our other two have begun piping hopefully they will be here soon and bumble will have some friends
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom