toxic plant list?

melissamerry

Songster
7 Years
Aug 17, 2012
Goleta, California
Any one know of a list some where that can help weed out the what plants I should and should not plant around my ducks?
I've searched the internet with no luck. There are lots of lists for dogs, cats and birds, but I'm hoping for something a bit more specific than "birds." I even tore through Storey's Guide.

I know what fruit/veg plants to avoid, but decorative plants....?
Luckily, I have real picky ducks and they tend to leave my garden alone (unless it is a tomato plant
barnie.gif
) but I want to make sure I'm not planting something ridiculously stupid due to lack of knowledge. I want to hang Basil in their run to keep the flies at bay and I have some gorgeous hibiscus plants waiting to be planted. Anyone know how well ducks get along with those?

If there is not a list compiled of good/bad plants, we should all join forces and create one!

Any one know of a list some where that can help weed out the what plants I should and should not plant around my ducks?
I've searched the internet with no luck. There are lots of lists for dogs, cats and birds, but I'm hoping for something a bit more specific than "birds." I even tore through Storey's Guide.

I know what fruit/veg plants to avoid, but decorative plants....?
Luckily, I have real picky ducks and they tend to leave my garden alone (unless it is a tomato plant
barnie.gif
) but I want to make sure I'm not planting something ridiculously stupid due to lack of knowledge. I want to hang Basil in their run to keep the flies at bay and I have some gorgeous hibiscus plants waiting to be planted. Anyone know how well ducks get along with those?

If there is not a list compiled of good/bad plants, we should all join forces and create one!
http://www.poultryhelp.com/toxicplants.html

Back
Top Bottom