Toxic Rain from Local Wildfire

danalw

Chirping
Jun 17, 2016
This may be a random question but if I can get some insight that would help. I live in an area very near the campfire (I was close to evacuation but did not have to leave my home, I was very fortunate.) However, the air quality here is very very bad. I had the girls in the garage when it was at its worst. We are going to be getting some rain this week that will help clear the air quality. However, I am worried about the girls being exposed to that rain. On a normal rainy day, they just chill in the covered part of their coop but this rain will be toxic. I also no have evacuees staying in the garage. Do you guys think the chickens will be fine in their coop? The coop itself is small and I can wrap it with a tarp on some of the sides to keep water from getting in. I just don't know how to keep them healthy in this situation. Any ideas?

I haven't heard that the rain will be toxic. If anything, it should wash the toxic stuff in the ground away. In any case, there isn't a whole lot we can do, I don't think. The whole of the Northstate is toxic at the moment, unfortunately.

sorry if this is a stupid question, but why will the rain be toxic? dirty from smoke and ash I get, but that's not toxic is it?
It is very toxic, It's not just ash and smoke, its ash and smoke from the burning of everything in the town like gas, plastic, bodies or animals and people, formaldehyde, pesticides, rubber, cars there is no telling what is in the air right now.

I haven't heard that the rain will be toxic. If anything, it should wash the toxic stuff in the ground away. In any case, there isn't a whole lot we can do, I don't think. The whole of the Northstate is toxic at the moment, unfortunately.
I am hearing that the water will be really bad. I don't think the raindrops are toxic but where the water pools on the ground will have all the same pollutants in it as the air.

Back
Top Bottom