Toy incubator

It hasn't failed me yet but how do you figure it out?
I have 2 Rhode Island Red roosters. My mom bought pullets. they looked more like roosters, because they had white ish wing patches. A few months later, and yup, combs twice the size as the female’s comb, TSC gave us two roosters and a hen. I already have a rooster, so I will probably give away one of the little guys. But they are still cute tho🙃

I have 2 Rhode Island Red roosters. My mom bought pullets. they looked more like roosters, because they had white ish wing patches. A few months later, and yup, combs twice the size as the female’s comb, TSC gave us two roosters and a hen. I already have a rooster, so I will probably give away one of the little guys. But they are still cute tho🙃
I have a road Island red mix and a bantam that I rescued, and I'm currently hatching 16 eggs 10 are faverolles and the rest are from my rooster, so I need to rehome at least one of the roosters

I hate asking but what do you do with them at that age? I try avoiding culling
My first batch of chickens we gave the roosters away. Then that winter our rooster got super aggressive and hurt my wife so I had to cull him. It sucked but it helped me realize I would rather eat my own chickens who I know have had good lives than eat those poor store bought chickens who I am pretty sure have had horrible lives. So now I cull the roosters after they get to full size and we eat them. And I cull the hens when they turn 3 and make soup and dog treats out of them. Most of the time when you give your roosters away they will get eaten eventually anyways.

My first batch of chickens we gave the roosters away. Then that winter our rooster got super aggressive and hurt my wife so I had to cull him. It sucked but it helped me realize I would rather eat my own chickens who I know have had good lives than eat those poor store bought chickens who I am pretty sure have had horrible lives. So now I cull the roosters after they get to full size and we eat them. And I cull the hens when they turn 3 and make soup and dog treats out of them. Most of the time when you give your roosters away they will get eaten eventually anyways.
Yeah I was told to cull them as soon as I know what they are but I can't bring myself to do it and I don't have the room for the new guys 😕 I already have a RIR and he is a butthead! And I have him separated from my hens and bantam 🤞 hopefully I can find a good stomach for the two new guys!

Yeah I was told to cull them as soon as I know what they are but I can't bring myself to do it and I don't have the room for the new guys 😕 I already have a RIR and he is a butthead! And I have him separated from my hens and bantam 🤞 hopefully I can find a good stomach for the two new guys!
I would feel horrible culling roosters that are not full grown and going to be food. We have a chicken house for the babies and when we move the hens in with the other ones we just keep the roosters in the other chicken house until time to cull. When we were looking for places for our roosters the first time we found a zoo that would take them and feed them to their animals.

W
I would feel horrible culling roosters that are not full grown and going to be food. We have a chicken house for the babies and when we move the hens in with the other ones we just keep the roosters in the other chicken house until time to cull. When we were looking for places for our roosters the first time we found a zoo that would take them and feed them to their animals.
Wow, a zoo that's awesome. My husband and I will put a notice up at the grocery store near us and give them away.

Why would you give a rotten rooster to a nice family? How was he horrible?
Oh, I’m not THAT mean :lau He just didn’t get along with some of my chickens and especially not with my roo. They only had four hens, and I think he would do better with a small flock of only hens. Also, I didn’t want to give him to a nice family, it’s just those were the people who wanted him. I posted him as a six week old ( the rooster not me ) on my local forum and this family had just lost their old rooster. Besides, in the ad I never said he was nice….😅

Back
Top Bottom