Tracking Eggs

Yoke

In the Brooder
7 Years
Feb 18, 2012
** Tracking Eggs Spreadsheet **

Here is a Excel spreadsheet for tracking egg production. (Eggs v1.1.xlsx)

The first sheet "Year" summarizes production my month and season. Enter your daily production on the Jan-Dec pages in the light blue fields.

There is some sample data in January, just overtype with your data.

Comments and suggestion welcome. I might even update the spreadsheet to meet your needs.

. . . Oops, I don't yet have permission to add attachments, I'll post a reply with the file as soon as I get permission.

Last edited:
Jan was my first month of eggs and tracking. Started with birds in December.

I would have posted the spreadsheet sooner, but wanted to do functional test it first.

I'm just tracking for my self. I may sell/gift some eggs once I get more than a half dozen per day. I put the price box there just to translate the egg production into dollars (Maybe I should have used something more stable like gold?).

I also want to try and track birds/groups for their production, to evaluate their contributions and highlight any illness (drop in production). If someone only has 7 birds, they can retype each birds name to replace the colors.

I have one old hen, a Buff Orpington, who is doing four eggs in a row and taking a day off, then four more eggs. Harder to tell with the other birds because eggs look the same. I also made a size/color chart to see who's who, but I can't get the colors to print close to the egg shades.

Being so new, I don't yet know what is important. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

I saw the other spreadsheet from raisin the same day after I posted mine. I like the way he does expenses. Currently I track my expenses in a different spreadsheet. I also think I can do more just focusing on eggs. I might dump the gross profit column and add another egg column or something.

Thanks for the welcome.

Last edited:
I know this is an old thread and the original poster hasn't been active in quite a while, but I need help locating a copy of the spreadsheet that he/she shared with the forum. The links don't work. I was hoping that someone may have downloaded it and would be willing to send me a copy. TIA.

Thank you for the reply, and for the warm welcome. I am not new to internet forums, I did extensive searching before I posted the comment and found that this format was what I was looking for.

Back
Top Bottom