TSC Brooder heater set up & my indoor chick house

tigger19687

Crowing
6 Years
Jun 27, 2017
Metrowest- Massachusetts
My Coop
My Coop
I wasn't going to get the TSC brooder because my son had lights/heater and lamps from his Lizards. Well turned out that his stuff was not in perfect condition and I don't want to risk that. Plus the light he had was just a light not a heater light.
So I went to TSC last night to look at chicks. They didn't come in, probably due to the cold this week up here.
I bought the brooder because it was the last one and since I am going to another TSC and grain store today I figured it might be good to have it in case there are chicks I want.
So I got it all set up in my chick room and made a video just to show others how easy it is to set up.
Now I am off to TSC

During the day with house heat on 64º and sunny window letting light in.
Temp under brooder ( with legs on the highest setting) is about 94º and 104º turned on #2 Heater. I have cardboard over the top and sides on the chick area to help hold in heat.

Just thought someone might want to know.

Just some pics on my indoor chick house. I will post pics on here with them and some videos too when I get them :love

I have a roll of Seal&Stick ( for those of us that can never get Cling wrap to stay :hit) so I put a layer of that on the bottom, then a layer of paper towels and a thin layer of shavings. I'm not sure how fast I will have to clean so I thought I would try and make it as easy as possible. Just left the seal&stick under the feeder/waterer for now, will put a Thick layer of Paper towels under that as we all know how messy that will get.

I am so excited, I have not had day old Chicks since 2002 !
IMG_20210306_152217078[1].jpg

IMG_20210306_152149703[1].jpg

I moved the heater into the middle and closed off the ends. Moved the feed/water just inside of the bar on the bottom. This is enough room till they get used to everything.

Picked up 6 Black Australorps at the Millis TSC. I think one may not make it, she is very lethargic, it was an hour ride. I got her to drink some and just got my syringe to see if I can do a little better with her :(
They are all quiet now under the heater, all drank and ate some.
I will edit and show the video of them arriving.

Had to go back and replace 2 :(

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom