Tractor Supply Chicks Not Being Taken Care Of

Some of us don’t have anywhere else to buy feed. I don’t have any local feed stores that have chicken feed in stark all the time or ever for that matter
Half the people that work in a TSC don’t have much experience with what they’re doing. They’re probably learning as they go so mistakes will be made. Not unlike when people on here step on their own chicken, don’t notice their chicken is half dead and has been that way for weeks, refuses to use non organic medicine all while their birds suffer from mites/lice etc...

Not all TSC are the same so you can't just throw every store under the bus. My local one is pretty good but a few of the ladies that work there lives on farms and own livestock.
I’m not. I glance at the chicks in the TSC here every now and then. They’ve all been totally fine from what I saw. I’m saying if someone brought an issue to the manager and he did nothing to rectify the problem stop shopping there. Sooner or later his numbers will go down if other people follow and he’ll be gone.

Half the people that work in a TSC don’t have much experience with what they’re doing. They’re probably learning as they go so mistakes will be made. Not unlike when people on here step on their own chicken, don’t notice their chicken is half dead and has been that way for weeks, refuses to use non organic medicine all while their birds suffer from mites/lice etc...
I don’t buy chicks from tractor supply I buy food from tractor supply because I don’t have any local feed stores. That’s the issue, I wouldn’t support them if I didn’t have to. which totally sucks.

I purchased chicks from them to because I had a lone chick hatch. One died the next day, and every singe one had bad patsy butt. There are a lot of these threads on BYC, and a petition you can sign to try to get them to change their minds about the brooders.
A lot of the TSC stores are shrugging it off saying that, "The uproar is because of new, inexperienced chicken keepers that don't know anything about chickens". Its so infuriating!

The uproar is because of new, inexperienced chicken keepers that don't know anything about chickens".
That statement is offensive for any level of chicken keepers. Just proves those chicks they sell are just commodity, alive or dead, I don't think they care. If there chicks aquire pasty butts and sells them, there selling sick chicks to begin with. Maybe it's there twisted way of selling more sick chicks to unsuspecting customers.

That statement is offensive for any level of chicken keepers. Just proves those chicks they sell are just commodity, alive or dead, I don't think they care. If there chicks aquire pasty butts and sells them, there selling sick chicks to begin with. Maybe it's there twisted way of selling more sick chicks to unsuspecting customers.
I agree, its so frustrating!
After I lost my sweet baby, I wrote them an email clearly stating my thoughts on their brooders. I wish they would change. Poor babies!

I don’t buy chicks from tractor supply I buy food from tractor supply because I don’t have any local feed stores. That’s the issue, I wouldn’t support them if I didn’t have to. which totally sucks.
Sometimes TSC is out of the brand of feed I use. Chewy sells and ships pretty much everything TSC does so I get it there, delivered to my door next day. Prices aren't as good, but it's an option.

Back
Top Bottom