Tractor Supply Chicks Not Being Taken Care Of

Pics

DA in AZ

Chirping
Apr 28, 2020
Not good. I was the Tractor Supply on Buckeye, AZ today. I was there to buy Equine Senior and on my way to the register I stopped to look at the chicks. It’s horrible, every chick in the stacked brooder had pasty butt really extremely bad! There was an store worker cleaning the plastic on the brooder. I advised her about the chicks condition also of the one dead that was being trampled on, flat! I asked to speak to the store manager. I informed the store manager, Mark, that the chicks were not being taking care of because every single chick had extreme pasty butt.something wrong with
these brooder because I have never seen TSC chicks look this way. The store manager said he will get someone to take care of them. I can’t believe no one working there knew this already!!! I purchased 6 just to try to save their lives. I took them home and cleaned them up and they are now under a heat lamp sleeping. If anyone is in the Buckeye area please go by and take a look. Please let them know this isn’t right.

Attachments

• 9F0158A3-3E29-4951-A1B9-AA742538EE2B.jpeg
    9F0158A3-3E29-4951-A1B9-AA742538EE2B.jpeg
    297.5 KB · Views: 121
  • AD970121-167F-4EFA-B534-681FF6969110.jpeg
    AD970121-167F-4EFA-B534-681FF6969110.jpeg
    289.7 KB · Views: 55
  • B0BF85E9-80D3-4CDD-98CD-DA146DED4538.jpeg
    B0BF85E9-80D3-4CDD-98CD-DA146DED4538.jpeg
    351.7 KB · Views: 54
  • AF26DA3B-E2A6-4444-AC2D-EE1DEF771720.jpeg
    AF26DA3B-E2A6-4444-AC2D-EE1DEF771720.jpeg
    259.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 1F16D506-530C-4129-ABDE-792ED7925E79.jpeg
    1F16D506-530C-4129-ABDE-792ED7925E79.jpeg
    252.7 KB · Views: 52
Not good. I was the Tractor Supply on Buckeye, AZ today. I was there to buy Equine Senior and on my way to the register I stopped to look at the chicks. It’s horrible, every chick in the stacked brooder had pasty butt really extremely bad! There was an store worker cleaning the plastic on the brooder. I advised her about the chicks condition also of the one dead that was being trampled on, flat! I asked to speak to the store manager. I informed the store manager, Mark, that the chicks were not being taking care of because every single chick had extreme pasty butt.something wrong with
these brooder because I have never seen TSC chicks look this way. The store manager said he will get someone to take care of them. I can’t believe no one working there knew this already!!! I purchased 6 just to try to save their lives. I took them home and cleaned them up and they are now under a heat lamp sleeping. If anyone is in the Buckeye area please go by and take a look. Please let them know this isn’t right.
I think a lot of TSCs also start their chicks on medicated feed since most of the hatcheries they’re supplied by. I think that is only exacerbating the problem. The only time I’ve ever seen them have issues with the stacked brooders (the ones in my area have used them for a few years now) is recently. It was just the assorted bantams. Most of them also had pasty butt and they were all crowded under the heater which I don’t think was working because they weren’t getting warm. Is also doesn’t help with shipping delays. It seems like TSC is having a hard time rn. I’d look into the hatcheries as well since they had that whole debacle of purchased chicks dying within a couple of days of purchase for no reason.

It’s terrible. Yet most of the people that work at tractor supply have no idea about farm life or farm animals. 9 out of 10 employees don’t know what breed of chicks they have. Like one told me that the breed was brown egg layer when that is just a variety.

That's horrible. Keep visiting and speaking to management, and get others to do the same until things improve.

Back
Top Bottom