Tractor Supply Co. Horror Story

A lot of the employees in the miss organization is the problem I’ve had with TSC. But I am very lucky that the one I am able to go to has an amazing lady who owns 40+ chickens and goats and sheep. She is giving me much chicken and goat advice and has always been dead on but if she’s not there I won’t buy. I’ve gotten chicks from there twice and I was going to get more and when I asked her about black Marans She said they had some I said there was no sign she went over there and realized how many signs were missing of what or placed out of site. She was not happy with her morning shift guy. She was able to identify each breed even though there were a couple different breeds in each bin. And she was able and knew to tell me right away what was straight run and what we’re pullets. Other than that I wouldn’t trust the employee so much especially with the miss organization

The tsc people don't know or care about chicks.:oops: Once I was there and a poor little chick was drowning in his water the lady walked over looked and walked away so i said The chick is drownding and no one is going to help it!! The lady walked back and grabed it out and gave it to is for free with 2 others but he passed away the next day bc he was hurt but i tried, The others I got were in an assortment so I asked do you know what breeds are in her the man said no but the brown ones are small!
But hearing that story makes me sick to my stomach. Even though I ladies there great it’s not even want to spend money there at all

Just to be clear, I never said they needed a degree, but was pointing that out as to the knowledgeable staff that tsc might employee.
The main thing to remember is this. Tsc does not rear their own chicks. They get them from a hatchery. The hatchery "sexes" the chicks. The employee is given the chicks to put in bins and to care for until purchased. The employee can claim that they can sex the chicks because it has already been done for them.
The op claims this happened a year ago, but never went to the tsc to also air her concerns?
There is no fraud. Miseducated employees maybe.
I don't think I would buy from tsc seeing all the pasty butts at one I stopped at (not my local one) and no one caring for them.
Just to be clear I did not imply that you said they needed one. I saying over all they don't need any of it other then good training sorry i did not make that clear enough for you.

Also I never implyed that tsc raised their own chicks. And no a employee can't claim he sexed the chicks if they were already sexed by the hatchery and sorted by said hatchery into boxes meant to be placed in whatever bin by said employee, as that would be a false claim by the employee which is a no no.

Yes the OP could have and should have raised a complaint.

It could be a case of fraud if a employee will fully lied to a buyer to sell a item. Not all tsc employees could claim they are miseducated I'm sure.

I did not mean they needed to have a degree. I probably should have left that out. From my experience most employees at tsc are young high school age or retired persons.
I would rather get advice from someone who has or has raised chickens than someone who has not.
This complaint is not going anywhere since the OP did not take it to the store or company.
My local tsc employees people of the community - I doubt they are out to lie or to commit fraud to customers. What would be their gain? They do not work on commission or any such bonus plan that might entice them to do such a thing. :confused:
This is a learning experience for the OP.

I did not mean they needed to have a degree. I probably should have left that out. From my experience most employees at tsc are young high school age or retired persons.
I would rather get advice from someone who has or has raised chickens than someone who has not.
This complaint is not going anywhere since the OP did not take it to the store or company.
My local tsc employees people of the community - I doubt they are out to lie or to commit fraud to customers. What would be their gain? They do not work on commission or any such bonus plan that might entice them to do such a thing. :confused:
This is a learning experience for the OP.
that might have been a good idea. and yes it's good in idea to buy from someone that has chickens sad fact most don't for various reasons.While she should have lodge a complaint (quite sad she did not) others should in cases like this and sick animals etc. while most TSC employees are members of the community the store is in and are open and honest there can be many factors why they would lie for exsample to make them look better for a promotion (there are those ppl we all know it) or they may have pressure put on them by higher ups to lie to buyers to push ceritan products like chicks who lets face it needs food so ever day/week they keep them the more profit they lose on them. Yes it defo is a learning experiance for the OP and like I said I hope she takes a look at people here that are selling hatching eggs,chicks and adults..

Thank you all for the help! I didn't get anyone's names sadly and this is almost a year old incident. We ordered six buff orpington pullets to arrive in June. We ordered them from Clark's Ag center this time. Hope it turns out well. This thread is more to warn people about what could happen when you buy peeps from tsc. Thank you again for all the support and sorry to hear that they don't care for the little babies..

Actually my lady at tractor supply suggested Meyers hatchery online for purchasingChicks. She told me that tractor supply just gets whatever they have extra at the hatchery so I guess it would just be like cutting out the middleman. She didn’t say they used Meyers hatchery for the chicks to sell at tractor supply but that’s where she goes and has always had luck for years. The hatchery she used to use accidentally sent her 50 straight run instead of pullets and when she let them know they immediately refund heard her Money And sent her the correct order. I’ve heard a lot of stories like that so at least if you go through a hatchery even if there is a mistake there’s less of a chance of one I think and the customer service is a lot better

I got Clarks AG as a recommendation from a former chicken farmer so I hope this works out :fl
Meanwhile I'm learning to sex peeps so when I pick them up I get pullets.

Back
Top Bottom