Tractor Supply Company?

xfilesnumber1fan

Songster
11 Years
Nov 24, 2008
Missouri
Has anyone ever got baby ducks or chicks from the Tractor Supply Company ...Here they get them in around Easter time,and no one at the store can tell me anything like ages or what kind...Just wondering? I was going to get some but dont know if they will be sexed as I need NO more drakes!

They get them from a hatchery so they would be 2-3 days old . I think they get a mixed variety and i believe they are straight run .

i havent gotten any but i have seen them

I bought 6 RIRs last year and 3 were roos!!! They are straight run. Our TSC tries to keep the breeds seperate....but people pick them up and put them in different tubs so unless you know what each breed looks like as a chick you won't know exactly what you've got!!

I bought 4 chicks from tsc last year. I already had 36 chicks so there was plenty of warmth. One died after a few weeks, one got eaten by a cat and the other two turned into a pair of non bearded white silkies that are still here.

So there is no way to know the males from females? I know the breed of duck and what the babies look like just cant get stuck with drakes need more females!!!

a friend and i went in and bought around 22 last year they were RIR and around 3-5 days old. only about 5 turned out to be roo's guess we got lucky

Back
Top Bottom