Tractor Supply Company?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by xfilesnumber1fan, Feb 23, 2009.

1. xfilesnumber1fan

xfilesnumber1fan Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2008
    Missouri
    Has anyone ever got baby ducks or chicks from the Tractor Supply Company ...Here they get them in around Easter time,and no one at the store can tell me anything like ages or what kind...Just wondering? I was going to get some but dont know if they will be sexed as I need NO more drakes!

2. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    They get them from a hatchery so they would be 2-3 days old . I think they get a mixed variety and i believe they are straight run .

i havent gotten any but i have seen them

3. Judymae

Judymae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2007
    Merit, Tx
    I bought 6 RIRs last year and 3 were roos!!! They are straight run. Our TSC tries to keep the breeds seperate....but people pick them up and put them in different tubs so unless you know what each breed looks like as a chick you won't know exactly what you've got!!

4. bockbock2008

bockbock2008 Why do they call me crazy??

Dec 30, 2008
    Southwest Indiana
    I bought 4 chicks from tsc last year. I already had 36 chicks so there was plenty of warmth. One died after a few weeks, one got eaten by a cat and the other two turned into a pair of non bearded white silkies that are still here.

5. xfilesnumber1fan

xfilesnumber1fan Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2008
    Missouri
    So there is no way to know the males from females? I know the breed of duck and what the babies look like just cant get stuck with drakes need more females!!!

6. WalkingWolf

WalkingWolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    North Carolina
    Quote:You can order female ducks from the hatcheries. But drakes are no problem they look wonderful on the dinner table.

7. BlueLagoonRabbitry

BlueLagoonRabbitry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2009
    Western Iowa
    Ducks are str8 run only

8. duck&chickencrazy

duck&chickencrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2008
    Indiana
    i bought 3 pekin ducklings from TSC and all 3 ended up being drakes. i was not happy...

9. KyleD.

KyleD. Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2009
    south carolina
    a friend and i went in and bought around 22 last year they were RIR and around 3-5 days old. only about 5 turned out to be roo's guess we got lucky

10. duck&chickencrazy

duck&chickencrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2008
    Indiana

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by