Tractor Supply federal tracking!?

Quote:
We just bought 2 chicks from TSC here and nothing was said or asked, but that said I wouldn't trust government or put anything past them. Some politicians HATE independence and standing on your own two feet. Raising your own food certainly would put a pinch in some of their campaign contributions from large scale food production. Hope they don't read these threads would hate to give them any ideas.
tongue.png

I know its an inconvenience to those of us that actually raise chickens, but I think the 6 minimum is a good thing. It may stop idiots from buying a chick for their grandkid for easter. If you want some free chicks, put an ad on craigslist saying you'll give easter chicks a home a week or two after easter. Once they aren't cute little fuzzballs and start stinking from the poor care and probably inadequate food folks will be looking for a way to get rid of them. The 6 chick minimum may well save some chicks from abuse.

As to the tracking, that is a complete invasion of privacy. The only reason to track property is to maintain some measure of control over it. In my opinion, someone who desires to control you, even in a small way, in their hearts dreams themselves your master. Those employees at tsc who are implementing this aren't really culpable, they have to worry about having a job right now. Lets make their job a bit easier and all give Michael Jacksons name and address! That, or remind them they coulda had a V-8.

Edited because "I R uh gud tiper"

Last edited:
Not to sound an alarm here but....anyone who is worried about government tracking of their animals should concider that they are probably making that same information available to the general public by posting on this forum. Also, all documentation of animals is not bad. Sometimes it is simply to give the consumer the proper proof that the hatchlings come from NPIP flocks. If they are asking for information from buyers it seems like you should be getting info from the sellers also about the health history of the hatchery at the same time. As I learn more about food safety I want evidence that the animals I am buying come from the healthiest stock. I don't want someone knowingly giving me birds carying disease, and if that does happen I want a reciept record indicating where and when the purchase was made so that I can recoup losses and warn others who purchased from the same lot.

Leah-yes I know I'm crazy :

Quote:
If you make enough proffit to get taxed on it Northern Michigan will be flooded with people who want to come up and see how! lol

wink.png
I have no idea how I'll do it, but gosh darn it, I'll try!
tongue.png

Quote:
If you make enough proffit to get taxed on it Northern Michigan will be flooded with people who want to come up and see how! lol

wink.png
I have no idea how I'll do it, but gosh darn it, I'll try!
tongue.png

Oops! sorry, Western Michigan. Sincerely, I hope you are very successful at it. Right now I am about fourty dollars in the black having kept a running total since last September. That is on a hobby scale, meaning I don't get paid for my time. How much would it cost if I had to pay someone to flip eggs three times a day?
I really do hope that the tracking info is requested in effort to aid in safety information.

Back
Top Bottom