Tractor Supply federal tracking!?

I am still waiting for the 1 chicken a month, 3 day waiting period, mental health check, before obtaining your permit to buy a chick law. Understand that BATF is being restructured into BATFC.

lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

Quote:
If you raise quail in Texas there are 2 classes of licensing already. One if you just raise for yourself and another if you produce to sell ANY part of the bird. These licenses give the authorizing agency the right to inspect at any time. This is the same for our Agriculture license for our store. They can inspect at anytime. Same goes for our applicators license and this even includes organic products which we specialize in.
These licenses and inspections are from EPA mandates and then the state adds its own rules and regs to them. They repeat this every year at continuing education classes that are mandantory for licensing. Then we have to carry at least the minimum required insurance which is not cheap.
Fix? I don't know, but I regularly contact our state and us reps. You may find this link interesting:

http://taxdayteaparty.com/teaparty/texas/

Quote:
That's funny right there, I don't care who you are!

Now that I know how to grow my own chickens, I have no need of tractor supply.

How they gonna regulate those who hunt for food? I reckon that will be next? But, what about those who bow hunt? Are they going to outlaw archery?

I am not a conspiracy theorist, but I believe the government is going too far.

1. Pay cash.
2. Shop at the local store where they don't ask for personal info, and where they don't make up policies and call them state law.

My Agway has the same problem with making up a 6-chick "law" - 'tain't the law folks. It's your store policy. I'm shopping elsewhere. That's my policy.

Good day to all. This is ladyjc and i work for that other Oklahoma based farm and ranch store. A-----s does not and has never heard of 6 chick limit. We have several customers who only want to replace 1 or 2. If I told them they had to buy 6 we would never see them again. If they pass the tracking law everybody will have to order from the hatcheries because in these times there ain't enough people who would stand still to help you fill out the paper work.
so all ya'll in texas, oklahoma,kansas,arkansas come see us and get as many or as few as you want.

They have that in Ma also..last year when i bought some chicks from the store i had to write down my name and address on this paper they gave me...they said its in case of an epidemic/disease break out, they need to be able to track down chicken owners...not a bad thing to have if the asian bird flu ever hits here...*also, this feed store was not TSC..just a local farm store, so its not just TSC that has to do this.....*

Last edited:
My dh is the Asst Mgr here at our Amarillo TSC.

I know they have the 6 chick minimum, but I just asked him about the personal information and he said that no one "higher up" has told them to get any personal information.

He and I suspect the 6 chick minimum is just for sales $ purposes, as well as not to waste the boxes they provide for customers for 1 or 2 chicks.

I think the 6 chick minimum is so that the people who come in and their kid is begging for one of the cute fluffy chicks isn't back in two or three weeks time with a chick who's not so cute anymore looking to get rid of it.

Quote:
Talked to our TSC Mgr again today. He restated that the 6 chick minimum was so that he could sell thru the product quickly and not have to keep leftovers from a previous shipement, then add another bin for newbies thus taking up more floor space. Also, as stated by others so there aren't the 1 for each of the children as pets sale. No personal information is taken unless you have a charge account or have a farm or resale exemption account. In these 2 cases you have already given your business or personal information. I think that this is where the tracking of chick purchases is being recorded if any government agency ever requires it.
Our local farm store has our business information since we have an account there. They stated that if any gov agency required information on poultry purchases thru cash sales, accounts, etc... would have to be provided since any business has to keep records for several years. To date they do not have to keep records of names of poultry purchases from cash sales.

I posted yesterday about this. BUT the guy at TSC told me it was because of Avian Flu. It's a bunch of crap. I asked him if it was in the US at all and he replied it had been in Gonzales and El Paso. I was like that's funny because I would have thought that would be on the news or something. I left thinking he was full of it. Same thing there too, 6 chicks and cavity searches if you wanted to buy chicks. Maybe people will get frustrated and come buy MY chicks.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom