Tractor Supply mess-up

ChickenButtsRanch

In the Brooder
Jun 23, 2020
Central Florida
So I got 20 chicks from TSC selling for $1. They said they were all silver laced wyandotte. After getting them home I saw there were actually a few different breeds mixed together. I have been able to identify all but the 5 that look like this chick pictured. Has the black/grey chipmunk stripe on back. Yellow head with black spots and yellow underside. Feathering is mostly black with white spots so far. Legs are a dark color: black, grey, or slate. I've done a lot of searching and cannot get close to a match.

This tractor supply was terrible. I also bought "unknown" chicks. They were different, something I've never seen before, so I got a few. Turns out they were different because they were guinea fowl keets (french pearl). They are cute, but I don't think my neighbors will tolerate the noise. Ugh!

So these are the pictures of my unknown chicks from tractor supply. chick1.jpg chick2.jpg chick3.jpg chick4.jpg chick5.jpg

So I got 20 chicks from TSC selling for $1. They said they were all silver laced wyandotte. After getting them home I saw there were actually a few different breeds mixed together. I have been able to identify all but the 5 that look like this chick pictured. Has the black/grey chipmunk stripe on back. Yellow head with black spots and yellow underside. Feathering is mostly black with white spots so far. Legs are a dark color: black, grey, or slate. I've done a lot of searching and cannot get close to a match.

This tractor supply was terrible. I also bought "unknown" chicks. They were different, something I've never seen before, so I got a few. Turns out they were different because they were guinea fowl keets (french pearl). They are cute, but I don't think my neighbors will tolerate the noise. Ugh!

So these are the pictures of my unknown chicks from tractor supply. View attachment 2773168View attachment 2773169View attachment 2773170View attachment 2773171View attachment 2773172
I'm not sure what chick it is. Just looked through the Hoover's Hatchery site, & couldn't find a match.

Back
Top Bottom