Is this a good coop?

• YES!

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • NO!

Votes: 25 69.4%
  • With some modifications, Yeah!

Votes: 10 27.8%

• Total voters
I just left Tractor supply . I looked at this coop and a couple others. Please do not buy that garbage. The overall plan is ok and kind of cool but the material is GARBAGE.
It will not last long. But worse then that I don't think it could keep a determined Toy Poodle out.

I bought one similar two years ago and it cost me $300. It was nice for a few months. Then after a few rains (we even had a tarp on it) the bottoms started to warp from moisture and the then the sides. We ended up just building one out of lumber that was much nicer and cost even less ;)

Guys, I am young, I know, People are going to think I'm stupid and know nothing about chickens.

But that is downright wrong. I am super experinced, I know a lot about chicken keeping. I have had them for pretty much all my life. I've experinced the ins, the outs, the bad, the good, the ugly, the dirty. I know what it's like to keep and own chickens, and I have down a LOT of research.
If you saw my current flock, you would probably be very suprised.

I know about ventilation.
I know about frostbite, trust me, I do.
I know this stuff.

I'm not looking for that info....I'm just looking for a nice coop for my sister, because she wants her own flock of bantams hens.
Yeah, this conversion got a little involved for what you are asking. About the TSC coop you were first looking at; the only potential problems I see are that it *could* be top-heavy in a strong wind. I can't tell from my phone if there are ventilation windows on the other sides or not. Probably there are. I wouldn't hesitate to keep a small handful of bantams in it especially if they free range.
I knoe prefab coops are not popular here but I believe they're not the evil people make them out to be if you knoe what you're getting into. Some of us do not have the skills tools or deire to built a coop or look on craigslist for months.
I have a prefeb coop "expansion pen" from TSC that I use for quail and I could not be happier with it.

Back
Top Bottom