Tractor

OK June

I think that it's fine 2560 SQ. feet for 200 chicken hen layers

What type of chicken do you have .............. how many

thanks --Jorge

I've got a few Barred Rocks and Australorps for egg production and a group of Easter Eggers I'm using for a breeding project. The Barred Rocks need a minimum of 14 sq ft each, and they need to be kept occupied. They get bored easily and can turn into trouble-makers if kept confined and they get bored.
Currently, I've got 34 birds of varying ages, and another 27 eggs in the incubator. Numbers are always changing here. I'm at the 'hatch a lot, cull a lot' stage of my breeding program. I'm hoping to get a few ducks this spring.

Hi June

Where can I see the type of chicken with each sq. feet. run ?/

thanks
--Jorge

June

these chickens are good layers ??

Columbian wyandotte , Golden Laced Wyandotte , Esater Egger ??

do you get good eggs with orange color egg yolk ??

What type of food you give them ??

regards --Jorge

Yolk color depends on what a hen eats. More greens in the diet produce very orange yolks. If fed a commercial diet only, the yolks will be pale yellow.
Wyandottes tend to like a bit more elbow room than most breeds. If kept in less than 12 sq ft per bird, they can get very bossy and even aggressive. They are pretty decent layers. Not the best, but solid 4 to 6 eggs a week per hen.
Easter Eggers vary widely in size and temperament. There are no hard and fast space guidelines for them, due to such variation. It's been my experience that they need a feed with at least 18% protein content to be solid producers. And starting them on layer feed too soon can drastically slow their development rate. Mine get 20% protein Flock Raiser. They usually start laying between 20 and 25 weeks of age. My lines are very good producers, averaging 6 eggs per hen each week. Those who obtain my chicks and start them on layer at 18 weeks have reported that their birds didn't start laying till 38 weeks.

June

For chicks I will give Chick Starter , when they have 8 weeks old I will give Flock raiser

and when they have 18 weeks I will give Layena

It's correct ?

--Jorge thank you so much

Hi June

How are you

I changed of mind,

I want to closed one part for nestling boxes , and 3 open part with wire , Maybe i will put a fan for good ventilation too.

Size will be : 48 feet large by 16 feet wide.

Can I put 60 chickens hen layers on this size coop , ?

thank you my friend

-Jorge

Hi June

How are you

I changed of mind,

I want to closed one part for nestling boxes , and 3 open part with wire , Maybe i will put a fan for good ventilation too.

Size will be : 48 feet large by 16 feet wide.

Can I put 60 chickens hen layers on this size coop , ?

thank you my friend

-Jorge
Sounds good.

Back
Top Bottom