1. JValera

JValera Out Of The Brooder

Dec 22, 2016
    Hi guys and ladies

I'm new on this hooby... sorry to bother you , but I need you answer my 2 questions :

I will have 200 chicks hen layers to have end 3er weeks old .

I'm thinking to put that 25 chicks on a chicken tractor of 10 feet by 6 feet

# 1 .... Every how many days or weeks I will have to move the chicken tractor ??

# 2 ...... Can I leave them on the chicken tractor to start the 4th week old to 14 week end old ??

Thank you a lot

Regards and Happy Merry Christmas

----Jorge

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    For some reason, your post is not showing for me.

1 person likes this.
  3. Hokum Coco

Hokum Coco Overrun With Chickens

Dec 6, 2012
    New Brunswick,Canada

I'm new on this hooby... sorry to bother you , but I need you answer my 2 questions :

# 1 .... Every how many days or weeks I will have to move the chicken tractor ??
    Your best bet is to monitor the tractor daily and it should become self explanatory

# 2 ...... Can I leave them on the chicken tractor to start the 4th week old to 14 week end old ??

I would think at 4 weeks old the birds should have most of their adult plumage and no longer need a heat source. I personally think they should do just fine in a tractor.

Thank you a lot

----Jorge

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
  4. Hokum Coco

Dec 6, 2012
    New Brunswick,Canada

Your best bet is to monitor the tractor daily and it should become self explanatory

I would think at 4 weeks old the birds should have most of their adult plumage and no longer need a heat source. I personally think they should do just fine in a tractor.

Thank you a lot

----Jorge

Thank you a lot

----Jorge

5. Hokum Coco

Dec 6, 2012
    New Brunswick,Canada

Thank you a lot

----Jorge

6. JValera

Dec 22, 2016
    Hi Hokum

thank you so much

Can I leave 25 chicks on the chicken tractor to start the 4th week old to 14 week end old ?

They will be hen layers

thank you

--Jorge

7. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    How big is the tractor? And how old are the chicks that you want to live in it? Chicks need a heat source until they are completely feathered in. And 25 chicks will outgrow even a very large tractor after just a few weeks.

8. JValera

Dec 22, 2016
    Hi June

The chicken tractor size is 10 feets large by 6 feets wide .

Can I will put the chicks with start to have 4th week old or which is the correct age ??

Until 14 weeks old or is to much ? Which is your opinion

I will transfer all chicks to a big room breeder ( all are hen layers )

thank you so much

--Jorge

9. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    It will be just big enough for 25 of them at 4 weeks old. By 6 weeks, old they will need at least 8 sq ft per chick. After that, they need about the same amount of space as adults. The tractor is adequate for about 4 to 6 adult birds.

10. JValera

Dec 22, 2016
    Hi June

I will have for breed chicks start 1 er day on a room ... 15 feets large by 8 feets wide .

I want to put 200 chicks

# 1...... Can I leave them until to the end 5 - 6 weeks old ?/

Also I will have a breeder big room 64 feets large by 32 feets wide... ( Total 2048 feets )

# 2.... can I transfer all chicks with 6 weeks old to this big room ?

I think that I don't need the chicken tractors ... It's correct ??

thank you so much

--Jorge

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by