Tractor

JValera

In the Brooder
Dec 22, 2016
Hi guys and ladies

I'm new on this hooby... sorry to bother you , but I need you answer my 2 questions :

I will have 200 chicks hen layers to have end 3er weeks old .

I'm thinking to put that 25 chicks on a chicken tractor of 10 feet by 6 feet

# 1 .... Every how many days or weeks I will have to move the chicken tractor ??

# 2 ...... Can I leave them on the chicken tractor to start the 4th week old to 14 week end old ??

Thank you a lot

Regards and Happy Merry Christmas

----Jorge

I'm new on this hooby... sorry to bother you , but I need you answer my 2 questions :

# 1 .... Every how many days or weeks I will have to move the chicken tractor ??
Your best bet is to monitor the tractor daily and it should become self explanatory

# 2 ...... Can I leave them on the chicken tractor to start the 4th week old to 14 week end old ??

I would think at 4 weeks old the birds should have most of their adult plumage and no longer need a heat source. I personally think they should do just fine in a tractor.

Thank you a lot

----Jorge

Last edited:

Your best bet is to monitor the tractor daily and it should become self explanatory

I would think at 4 weeks old the birds should have most of their adult plumage and no longer need a heat source. I personally think they should do just fine in a tractor.

Thank you a lot

----Jorge

Thank you a lot

----Jorge

Last edited:

Thank you a lot

----Jorge

Hi Hokum

thank you so much

Can I leave 25 chicks on the chicken tractor to start the 4th week old to 14 week end old ?

They will be hen layers

thank you

--Jorge

Hi Hokum

thank you so much

Can I leave 25 chicks on the chicken tractor to start the 4th week old to 14 week end old ?

They will be hen layers

thank you

--Jorge
How big is the tractor? And how old are the chicks that you want to live in it? Chicks need a heat source until they are completely feathered in. And 25 chicks will outgrow even a very large tractor after just a few weeks.

Hi June

The chicken tractor size is 10 feets large by 6 feets wide .

Can I will put the chicks with start to have 4th week old or which is the correct age ??

Until 14 weeks old or is to much ? Which is your opinion

I will transfer all chicks to a big room breeder ( all are hen layers )

thank you so much

--Jorge

It will be just big enough for 25 of them at 4 weeks old. By 6 weeks, old they will need at least 8 sq ft per chick. After that, they need about the same amount of space as adults. The tractor is adequate for about 4 to 6 adult birds.

Last edited:
Hi June

I will have for breed chicks start 1 er day on a room ... 15 feets large by 8 feets wide .

I want to put 200 chicks

# 1...... Can I leave them until to the end 5 - 6 weeks old ?/

Also I will have a breeder big room 64 feets large by 32 feets wide... ( Total 2048 feets )

# 2.... can I transfer all chicks with 6 weeks old to this big room ?

I think that I don't need the chicken tractors ... It's correct ??

thank you so much

--Jorge

Back
Top Bottom