Traded one of my roos for a pitiful looking frizzle hen!

YOU are doing a great job !! keep us updated .
wink.png

I think she is just beautiful!! You are doing a wonderful thing. Good luck, and I hope you can trade for a few more animals. It sounds like this guy is maybe just in over his head. I just wish people would stop and think about the animals they are caring for. I bet he would not have wanted to be in that cage getting pecked by a mean ole rooster everyday!!

I signed up for those coupons, but when they sent them to me, they have printed on them "only good at ..." and it's a place that is 45 minutes away and the most expensive place around. I can get Purina Layena (if I wanted it) from the feed mill that I currently buy from for $13 (50 lb). The store that the coupons are good at, the same bag would be $25, plus a 45 minute drive, so an $8 off coupon doesn't do anything, unless I can talk them into price matching. I guess I can call them Monday and ask, otherwise I'll just call Purina and tell them that there is a much closer Purina dealer (and much cheaper too!) and ask them if they can change the address on any further coupons.

Yay! Her feathers are beginning to re-grow on her back! I guess we will see soon if she is a regular frizzle or if she is a frizzle x frizzle! I'll try to get an updated picture of her sometime today or tomorrow. She is still laying like a champ too. Thank you everyone for keeping her in your prayers and thoughts!

Super-duper! Since you're going the semi-organic route, you might try The Complete Herbal Handbook for Farm and Stable by Juliette de Bairacli Levy. It's packed with information on several species. It comes in paperback from Amazon. They usually have some used copies available.

That's the ugliest thing I've ever seen, I love her!
lol.png
You should take progression shots. You already have one from now, so you should take a picture of her every week until she's beautiful again!

I meant to take an updated picture today, but my batteries in my camera are dead (darn rechargables!!!). I've got the batteries on the charger, and I'll definately take some tomorrow.

I'm off work all week (ugh, no hours = no paycheck), but at least I will have time to spend with her to try and get her to calm down a little more.

I'm guessing we will see if that's what she is in about another week or two. One of her tail feathers fell out today, but she has pinfeathers all over her back now. I don't have to worry about her getting sunburned now! lol.

Back
Top Bottom