Trader Joes & Other Grocery Store Egg Hatching Club - Are you a Member

oh thanks :) (just a question would walmart sell them)?
Earlier this year, I saw some very pretty reddish eggs with chocolate speckles at WalMart marked free-range organic kept in 'natural flocks'. I bought some on a whim and cracked them to look for bullseyes... not fertile. Those were the only ones that even sounded like maybe roosters were involved. There were none here marked fertile.

Earlier this year, I saw some very pretty reddish eggs with chocolate speckles at WalMart marked free-range organic kept in 'natural flocks'. I bought some on a whim and cracked them to look for bullseyes... not fertile. Those were the only ones that even sounded like maybe roosters were involved. There were none here marked fertile.

ok thanks

Ok:
EggCartonCode.jpg

These eggs were packed on day 221 of the year:

This is a leap year:

image121.gif

Look on the chart to see what day 221 is-- August 8. That is the day that the eggs were packed.

This is the chart for regular non leap years:

image119.gif
Just got some that say P1255 on them... what would the date be? It was vital eggs from whole foods.

Went to whole foods in Glastonbury CT. They had vital eggs and another brand. Is there a difference between organic or not.

Has anyone heard of this brand?

Just got some that say P1255 on them... what would the date be? It was vital eggs from whole foods.
Look at the picture of the Carton. Do you see where it says p1413? It is circled and then a line goes to a description note that says that is the number of the plant where the eggs were packed.

Look for the three digit number that is the julian date.

Look at the picture of the Carton. Do you see where it says p1413? It is circled and then a line goes to a description note that says that is the number of the plant where the eggs were packed.

Look for the three digit number that is the julian date.

This is what I see

Last edited:
Your package was packed on day 130. They is May 9. --17 days ago. They are not that fresh but should still hatch.
Thanks! I just bout to see if they were fertile. I've got eggs in the incubator ready to hatch June 3. So far the first egg I crack was not.
sad.png

Yes, Vital Farms admits they do not keep roosters. Their eggs won't be fertile.

Look for cartons of eggs marked 'fertile.' The mark may be in small print.

Rock Island fertile eggs may be fertile, but they have a low rate of viability because of washing. Safeway carries them. Trader Joe's also carries fertile eggs. The best results I have seen (from fertile grocery store eggs) was a carton sold at a local organic grocery which was a week old, kept in a cooler, and came from a farm called Red Rose Half Acre, 20 miles away. Eleven out of twelve eggs developed.

Yes, Vital Farms admits they do not keep roosters. Their eggs won't be fertile.

Look for cartons of eggs marked 'fertile.' The mark may be in small print.

Rock Island fertile eggs may be fertile, but they have a low rate of viability because of washing. Safeway carries them. Trader Joe's also carries fertile eggs. The best results I have seen (from fertile grocery store eggs) was a carton sold at a local organic grocery which was a week old, kept in a cooler, and came from a farm called Red Rose Half Acre, 20 miles away. Eleven out of twelve eggs developed.
Thanks! I looked for fertile eggs and trader joe, whole foods, stop and shop and big y all don't carry. Im in CT.

Back
Top Bottom