Trader Joes & Other Grocery Store Egg Hatching Club - Are you a Member

We were able to save the chick that pipped wrong end. My daughter named it Hope. We lost two that pipped when they got kicked around by the other... so sad
hit.gif

So we have 5... they are yellow with some black fleck, (Austra Whites or California Whites). I'll post pics soon.

Just realized... My daughter and I are full fledged members of the Club

Last edited:
@DoubleMM Grats on your successful hatches! Isn't it amazing that store eggs can hatch these cute fluffybutts?

My TJ poulet is about 19 weeks and has layed her first egg yesterday. The second poulet seems to be farther behind in maturity based on her comb size.

I'd post pics but having technical difficulties uploading from my iPad after IOS 8 upgrade. The egg is off-white in color; looks almost white until you hold it against a white sheet of paper. This is in contrast to the original eggs which were totally white. So same outcome as Cyberous found with his TJ hens' eggs.

We were able to save the chick that pipped wrong end. My daughter named it Hope. We lost two that pipped when they got kicked around by the other... so sad
hit.gif

So we have 5... they are yellow with some black fleck, (Austra Whites or California Whites). I'll post pics soon.

Just realized... My daughter and I are full fledged members of the Club
Congrats! That is what my Rock Idland chicks looked like.

Update:

They grow up so fast!

They seem to be the quietest chicks I've ever had, so mellow. (Offspring of Trader Joes Hatch from March)

I tried to relocate boodzilla and eggs to a bin on the ground as the nesting box she is in is 4' off the ground and the chicks will not make the jump down. Unfortunately, she didn't like it and abandoned so I moved the eggs back and she is back on them. I guess I will just have to be vigilant and grab chicks before she moves them out to feed.

Update: They grow up so fast! They seem to be the quietest chicks I've ever had, so mellow. (Offspring of Trader Joes Hatch from March) I tried to relocate boodzilla and eggs to a bin on the ground as the nesting box she is in is 4' off the ground and the chicks will not make the jump down. Unfortunately, she didn't like it and abandoned so I moved the eggs back and she is back on them. I guess I will just have to be vigilant and grab chicks before she moves them out to feed.
Trader Joe: The Next Generation

@DoubleMM Grats on your successful hatches! Isn't it amazing that store eggs can hatch these cute fluffybutts?

My TJ poulet is about 19 weeks and has layed her first egg yesterday. The second poulet seems to be farther behind in maturity based on her comb size.

I'd post pics but having technical difficulties uploading from my iPad after IOS 8 upgrade. The egg is off-white in color; looks almost white until you hold it against a white sheet of paper. This is in contrast to the original eggs which were totally white. So same outcome as Cyberous found with his TJ hens' eggs.

Back
Top Bottom