1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Trading Quail for Chicken Eggs

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Adri_San27, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Adri_San27

Adri_San27 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 13, 2009
    Pullman, WA
    Someone would like 6 of my Coturnix (5 females and 1 male). I usually sell them for $3.00 each. She will be giving me I think 18 mixed chicken eggs from her chickens (they are a barred rock, gold laced wyndotte, jersey giant, black australop, new hampshire red, and auracoua). How much would the eggs normally sell for? Should I make a trade or still have her pay me some for the quails??

Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
  2. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    That sounds like an ok trade to me. Specific dollar amount doesn't matter as much as both parties being happy.

3. kingmt

kingmt Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Mason WV
    Quote:Well said. Some people warry to much about trying to make another buck.

I try to sell things but it seems I usually end up giving the most of it away. I even refuse payment most of the time. I have had eggs for sell but I only get about 6-9 dozen a week & I give all of them away at church. the only ones I get money for is one friend that refuses to take any without paying & my mom that makes me take the money.

4. farrier!

farrier! Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    I just like hatching so to me that would be an OK trade... [​IMG]
    If you do not have a use for the mixed chicks then no.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by